Logitech MX610 Cordless Laser Mouse

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you are going to purchase a top end mouse, chances are that it will have a laser. These mice are no doubt growing fast in popularity, and we are going to take a look at one of Logitechs best, the MX 610. Not only does it have a laser, but it can even notify you of e-mail or IM's!

Discuss the review here!

madmat

Soup Nazi
It's a lovely little mouse and, unlike my MX 700, if I unplug the reciever and plug it back in I don't have to reboot the PC to get it working again. That always bothered me about the MX 700.

C

CyberGhost

Hi, can you please write, how big is the mouse?(long and bulky) is it bigger than MX700? longer? or is it more like MX300/310?

madmat

Soup Nazi
It's roughly as long as the MX700 and a bit narrower where the thumb scallop is but not by much.

And thanks.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
madmat said:
It's a lovely little mouse and, unlike my MX 700, if I unplug the reciever and plug it back in I don't have to reboot the PC to get it working again. That always bothered me about the MX 700.

I haven't ever had that problem with mine. :rolleyes:

Unless there's an issue with your drivers or the mb usb drivers that shouldn't happen. I can unplug and switch usb ports, and still plug it back in and get that "detected new hardware" sound and it works just fine.

That seems odd to me Matt..?

madmat

Soup Nazi
Don't ask me, Mine's part of an MX Duo and it's had this issue with both my P4 and my SN41G-2 Shuttle cube.

If I knew why it did it I'd have fixed it. It's been like this even with my Abit IS7 board so I really doubt my USB drivers are suspect.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Ahhh.. I've don't have the duo so maybe the drivers for the bundle work differently. I've got the Elite keyboard which serves me well.

madmat

Soup Nazi
The bundle uses the same drivers as just the mouse and the keyboard separately but it shares the receiver between the two.

It just could be an issue with the Duo's receiver, I dunno.

C

Clau85

Hello!

I'm interested in this mouse in a more technical point of view and I would like to ask if you know any sites which shows what's behind the scenes, so to speak. Somebody who has opened the mouse and did some kind of reverse engineering... I would be in Microsoft Wireless Lasermouse 6000 also interested

Thanks in advance!
Regards!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
What exactly would you like to know? I mean we can take anything apart but what information are you looking for?

Worldstar

Obliviot
Thing is that with cordless mice you often get some mouse lag when playing games. Better off getting a wired laser mouse for playing games.

izzie

Obliviot
Worldstar said:
Thing is that with cordless mice you often get some mouse lag when playing games. Better off getting a wired laser mouse for playing games.

Not true. No noticeable lag on high quality mice, especially Logitech. I would know, since I use a Logitech mouse to play games all the time.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Yeah I've got a Mx700 and there's no difference that I've noticed in reaction time. It's right there with a corded mouse. I'm not going back to a corded mouse either!

madmat

Soup Nazi
I have the MX700, the 610 and the Laser 6000 and I've seen no lag between them, they all resond the same to input and I went from an MX300 to the MX700 and there was no difference between them either. I haven't had a chance to use the new corded laser mice versus corded but on optical corded they're not any different.

living_joke

Obliviot
I believe in wired mice. I use a Razer Diamondback mouse. Awesome response time. My number of headshots in games has gone up greatly since I got this mouse.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Well the Diamondback has a higher dps than most other "optical" mice, and that's because it, along with Logitech's Mx1000, G5, G7, have an actual lazer, not just an optical sensor. The Diamondback is 2000dps if I remember correctly, while pure opticals stop at 1000 dps. The higher dps gives you more control and a quicker movement speed.

Reaction in a game is another key to being better. I've been playing DOD and get progressively better, as anyone should.

discharge

Obliviot
izzie said:
Not true. No noticeable lag on high quality mice, especially Logitech. I would know, since I use a Logitech mouse to play games all the time.

I use a Logitech MX-1000 Laser Cordless mouse. I don't notice any lag when web browsing. Unfortunately I do notice some lag when playing games. Though it isn't that bad and I gotten use to ignoring it when it happens.

Fr00zen

Obliviot
discharge said:
I use a Logitech MX-1000 Laser Cordless mouse. I don't notice any lag when web browsing. Unfortunately I do notice some lag when playing games. Though it isn't that bad and I gotten use to ignoring it when it happens.

Mouse lag can also be caused by two many USB devices competing for access to the USB port at the same time.