Logitech G9 Laser Gaming Mouse

MakubeX

Partition Master
I have the MX518 on one machine and the other is my old MX 1000.
The MX518 is chorded and the MX1000 is wireless whixh I like just putting it in the cradle to recharge for 20 min., to use for another week.
Someone said something about lift off?
Do you mean actually lifting it off the pad?

If so, why would you lift it up?

Merlin

To relocate it in the center of the pad without moving your cursor/crosshair.

U

Unregistered

I just returned from a 4 hour search around town for the G9.
Neither Best Buy or Circuit City carries the mouse in-store...and neither do 3 small custom computer-type businesses, one of which is my favorite store. I've been really looking forward to picking up this mouse, and I'm extremely disappointed that I can't find it ANYWHERE. I suppose I could order it online, however I don't have the means. I was told I could special order the mouse at Circuit City, but they could not tell me how long it would take to get here. "Could be days, could be a month" the guy said.

SO anyway, I needed a mouse badly so I went and picked up a G5...based on the weight customization and the fact that it's corded.
What a waste of money and time...
Cheap construction
Weights aren't heavy enough
Scroll wheel SUCKS.
The 2 buttons on the left side aren't as sensitive as I would like
I'm pretty picky when it comes to my mice...the G5 is a hunk of crap IMHO.

Oh sorry I'm supposed to be commenting on the G9. Ah-hemm....

So I realize the G9 isn't for everyone...but you'd think in the big town I live in that SOMEONE would carry it in a store. Seems like to me that every "gamer" I've talked to wants one...and I would assume that some store manager out there would be smart enough to take advantage of that. But no, they haven't. *grumble*

Can someone tell me why this mouse is apparently..."rare" and hard to find?!

U

Unregistered

^
Oh almost forgot...the reason why none of the stores had them is not because they were sold out or anything. They simply just don't carry the G9 in-store.

U

Unregistered

Hi, I have a g9, and wow. The best mouse I have ever had. I play mohaa multiplayer, daily.
before i was top scorer 3 out of 10 rounds. Now I am top scorer 9 out of 10 rounds. Before I had a razer diamondback.
This mouse is just a very very good gaming mouse. What more would you want?
I find the smooth grip the better, can't wait for other grips to come out. Save on buying a new mouse for a new feel.

U

Unregistered

I've been really looking forward to picking up this mouse, and I'm extremely disappointed that I can't find it ANYWHERE. I suppose I could order it online, however I don't have the means. I was told I could special order the mouse at Circuit City, but they could not tell me how long it would take to get here. "Could be days, could be a month" the guy said.

QUOTE]

order it and wait, it will be worth it in the end.

U

Unregistered

I've been a Logitech user since back when when computers were made of stone and only had one button on the keyboard. I loved my MX518, and slept nightly with my G5, but the G9 may be the best mouse ever created. One thing that i have seen mentioned is the "finger mouse" no palm thing. With the old kidney bean Logitechs, you couldn't rest your fingers over the end of the mouse and still click comfortably. With the G9, the buttons extend all the way to the edge and are full width the whole way...if you want you palm on the mouse, just shift your hand up , you can still clicky clicky just fine. Seems odd I know, but I do it when my hand starts to get achey. Even without palm contact though, the "finger mouse" idea is correct. If you are a gamer (worth your salt), you shouldn't be mashing down with your palm anyway. What they have done with the design of the G9 is to make it hard to use it like a neanderthal. Good, let the cavemen get a nice big round Mac mouse :)

U

Unregistered

Also, I use a Razor Destructor pad with my G9. I threw out my 1030 Archetype, couldnt stand the hard raised edge (wore a groove in my wrist). Ok so i didn't throw it out, its in the closet, but the Destructor.....destroys it?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have been using the MX Revolution for a few months now and I honestly do not miss my MX518 at all. That was the best mouse I have ever owned, and still is, but circumstances have called for a wireless offering and this Revo is hands down amazing. It's week + battery life isn't anything to sneeze at either.