LifeLock CEO Has Identity Stolen 13 Times

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In order to effectively market and sell your company's product, it would greatly help if everyone in the company truly stood behind it. After all, if actual employees have little interest, then why should a consumer? Well in the case of LifeLock, CEO Todd Davis was so confident in his product, that he went above and beyond to help prove it.

lifelock_idtheft_052410.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
What would have been even better is if he said it was his SSN but turned out to be bogus. Then you would have people who are trying to steal the identiy of a lying CEO. That would have been delicious.

killem2

Coastermaker
It's too bad, because it is an untapped market that I hope one day is handled by professionals instead of scam artists.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As foolish as the CEO might be, I think he was smart enough to not use a fake SSN, because that would no doubt make what he did illegal (because someone else might wind up with that same fake SSN at some point).

madmat

Soup Nazi
I still hope he gets sued by the companies affected by his poor choice of advertising tactics.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
It's funny how many people don't know this! Although the number has gone up, when he first started advertising his company the total count wasn't nearly up to 13!

I don't believe he actually comes out and claims Lifelock always prevented his SSN from being stolen, if he did then he created false advertising and could be legally sued. But going by the carefully chosen words, he only claims it protects his SSN and may have prevented one or more attempts.

It's funny ya should have this thread though... my internet radio station just played a commercial with this guy, who apparently is now running commercials featuring an endorsement from some actual sheriff. You would assume a Sheriff would know better, but I guess the money must have been enough.

madmat

Soup Nazi
He placed his SSN in public view. It got stolen and used to dupe businesses. That was able to happen because he was negligent in a manner that smacks of willful disregard of his own safety and the safety of others. He deserves to be sued. Had he not broadcast his SSN, no-one could've used it in a malicious manner.

It's not like he lost his wallet or got phished. He allowed this to happen.