Lamptron to Release Touchscreen Fan Controller with 30W Per Channel

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This past summer, our cooling resident Bill took a look at NZXT's latest fan controller release, the tabletop Sentry LXE. The massive benefit of this controller wasn't so much the fact that it was an external unit, but that it had a touchscreen for a more interactive experience. In the end, Bill awarded the Sentry LXE our coveted Editor's Choice award, and a well-deserved one at that.

Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
That costs quite a bit more than the Sentry 2 if I recall but I do like the toned down look if you were to compare them. I'm a very minimal person once I got past my flashy bells and whistles phase of my computer life so this looks really clean to me and wouldn't really throw off the look of my more go/less show setup.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It IS expensive, but it has the specs to back it up. The fact that it supports 6 x 30W fans to me is huge. It means you could use some seriously powerful fans in your rig, and only crank them up when you absolutely need to. Regular fans just don't have that kind of oomph.

I am not entirely sure WHY this thing needs a CPU under its hood, but either way, I'd say it looks pretty good.