Internet Freedom Report Released; Ranks Estonia as Best in the World

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
In a report published by Freedom House, a non-for-profit organization which advocates human rights and political freedoms, we can gain an understanding of which countries have the most open Internet freedoms, and which have no freedoms at all. And no, that's no typo in the title. Estonia, a small country in Northern Europe with a population barely over 1,000,000, is considered to have the best Internet freedoms on earth.

internet_freedom_042611.png

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I'm surprised to see that major players in the developed world are not on the list. Countries like Canada and France weren't examined.

Hopefully the United States remains in the green forever.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
a friend of mine in Saudi Arabia cant even access movie review sites or even game review sites! Totally Sux! :p

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm surprised to see that major players in the developed world are not on the list. Countries like Canada and France weren't examined.

Hopefully the United States remains in the green forever.
We weren't examined because everybody just assumes we're too busy with beer and the NHL playoffs. They're pretty much right.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Doom, do you ever run into any obstacles in Pakistan?
no interneting obstacles as of yet! :D

The past few years have been very good, internet wise. In Aug 2006 i got my first DSL connection of 64Kb/s and now that same connection has gradually increased over the years and has now reached 2Mb/s this week, for the Same price! :D