Intel's Clarkdale to Launch During Q4?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
It looks as though we'll be seeing Intel's Clarkdale a lot sooner than we expected, as recent roadmap revisions have indicated it will show up during Q4 2009, a full quarter earlier than originally planned. Will this effect the launch of Lynnfield? It's really hard to say, but probably not. Intel still has much i7 stock, so it'd be unlikely they'd launch Lynnfield sooner than needed.

As a reminder, Clarkdale is the mainstream desktop variant of Intel's 32nm Westmere, and will also be the first to feature an integrated graphics processor. These Dual-Cores will feature four threads, and will hopefully give us some real excitement. Will Westmere rid all other integrated graphics solutions obsolete? Let's hope... we're in bad need of some shake-ups!

Clarkdale isn't going to come and disappear fast. No, Intel expects that during Q4, Clarkdale will account for a staggering 10% of their shipments, so let's just hope demand can keep up! The scary thing? Core i7 shipments are set to account for only 1%, while Lynnfield will hog 2%. It's the older generation that still proves the winner though, with Core 2 Quad processors expected to account for 9%, Core 2 Duo E8/7000 at 35% and Pentium E5/6000 at 31%.

roadmap.png

The company's 32nm Clarkdale CPUs will account for 10% of Intel's total OEM desktop CPU shipments in the fourth quarter, while 45nm Core i7 processors will account for 1%, Lynnfield-based processor 2%, Core 2 Quad processors 9%, Core 2 Duo E8000/E7000 series processors 35%, Pentium E5000/E6000 series 31%, Celeron E3000 and Atom series together 8%, and 65nm-based Pentium E2000 and Celeron 400 together 4%.

Source: DigiTimes

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Core 2 Duo's don't include Hyper-Threading, so yes. The number of cores equals the number of threads they can process at any specific time.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
1000 POSTS!! woooo weeeee!! oh man, it seems i'll have to write a lot of stuff! i Wanna be a Battlestar Commander!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
we be talking about how u got to be.....The One................The Only.................Tha Chocobo!!!!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
To answer a question seriously for once: It was a birthday present as I recall, back in the first year of Techgage when the site was retarded-ly young. I have made my mark around these parts with comical, yet sometimes very on topic and poignant remarks in threads. While I may seem like a raving ass to most, I usually only make completely unrelated remarks when someone in the thread has already expressed my view or knowledge of a subject sufficiently. So I go for the lulz.

I think I also got it around the time that I first linked my spinning logo in my sig to the Techgage home page since there was a time on this site that the forums didn't have one. The spinning was once a video .gif of a wood thing I carved one night, then a cartoon of a spinning logo, and now a dancing 3d model.

As for "the one, the only" I didn't choose that, but I do not mind it.

Comical response: Its something your born with. Kweh!

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
1000 POSTS!! woooo weeeee!! oh man, it seems i'll have to write a lot of stuff! i Wanna be a Battlestar Commander!
810 to go...
But actually I had to pay to get mine, and they will never admit it, but they paid for theirs as well ( in a way ). I started the mugshot page and went into fame. So post a photo of yourself and see what happens :eek:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
810 to go...
But actually I had to pay to get mine, and they will never admit it, but they paid for theirs as well ( in a way ). I started the mugshot page and went into fame. So post a photo of yourself and see what happens :eek:

lol! post my photo..hmm..weird but ok...lets try!