In the TG Lab: GIGABYTE's G1.Sniper Motherboard

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I posted a look at Intel's DX58SO2 motherboard yesterday in another instalment of 'In the TG Lab', and today, I continue with a look at another X58-based offering: GIGABYTE's G1.Sniper. Unlike Intel's board, which looks to deliver a good balance between stability and features, GIGABYTE's G1.Sniper pushes as much as possible to the limit, and the result is one freakin' packed board.

gigabyte_g1_sniper_01_thumb.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
*sniff, sniff*

I smell fromage!

There are some poeple out there that will just eat this up though. Not my style but it's never been about fashion over function.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
*sniff, sniff*

I smell fromage!

There are some poeple out there that will just eat this up though. Not my style but it's never been about fashion over function.

For a hardcore gamer, I reckon this is a damn sweet board. It provides good networking right of the box, and also X-Fi audio... those are some sweet perks. It'd also allow said high-end gamer to install tri-SLI without worrying about having to degrade to weaker audio and networking.

I always found that humorous about really high-end builds. With tri or quad-SLI, you literally have no room for a discrete audio card or discrete network adapter... so even though you are getting extremely nice graphics performance, the system is gimped in other ways. The G1. series gets around that issue.