In flight wifi FTW

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
$25 for even just one bag? Or is that just for the second and third? Some other airlines are even worse than that, but I'm glad Air Canada has stuck with its first-bag-is-free policy.

How fast/reliable is that Internet? Perhaps you could run a test at Speedtest.net and report the results?

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Without thinking I decided to go with my typical no-real-input-on-the-conversation posting style so I did a quick Google search to find the biggest bag of nuts that I could thinking that maybe $25 would be justified if that is what was handed out.

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
$25 for even just one bag? Or is that just for the second and third? Some other airlines are even worse than that, but I'm glad Air Canada has stuck with its first-bag-is-free policy.

How fast/reliable is that Internet? Perhaps you could run a test at Speedtest.net and report the results?

269 down / 283 up

I'd post the screen grab but it would be a mother fucker on this phone.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
This is delta so their baggage fees are absurd but in line with most of the other airlines. Southwest is the only one that I know of, or at least fly regularly enough to know thier prices, that allow the first one, maybe two to fly for free.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Without thinking I decided to go with my typical no-real-input-on-the-conversation posting style so I did a quick Google search to find the biggest bag of nuts that I could thinking that maybe $25 would be justified if that is what was handed out.

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Total respect for your posting behavior Optix. :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
"To get a feel for 100 Gbps consider that the technology can transfer more than 100,000 MP3 files in 60 seconds or more than 15,000 HDTV channels streamed live."

That's about all I needed to hear to be sold on it.

You work at Alcatel-Lucent?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Damn... the backbone gets cheaper and faster while last mile gets slower, throttled and more expensive, complete with pay per GB pricing, such great times... Think I'll go squat next to my local exchange...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I would not exactly call it cheap... $140k for a 1*100G card and $130k for a 12*10G card... ;)

Finally, a proper use for this smilie: :eek:!

Seriously, that's some intense hardware. You're playing with a piece of PCB that costs as much as some houses, LOL. Or nearly a Bentley GT.

Your job must be extremely interesting.