I Knew my GPU was Bugged...

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
High temps, crashing to desktop, system freezes, corrupt graphics, you know the drill, i knew it was buggy the moment i....

IMG_0131-500.jpg

...opened it up to clean it. :p

All cleaned now, should be stable again... maybe. (Curse you Moths!!!)

Last edited:

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
There's more than one bug as well, lol. I should of taken a photo of the fan, that had a few flies and a whole lot of dust in it, typical really.

IMG_0129-600.jpg

Think i said in another thread, i've had a bee or wasp caught in the main CPU fan inlet. The Fan was a 3 Blade 80mm Streetfighter from Thermaltake connected to one of their Copper Tower coolers, so there's this small gap between the fan housing and the heatsink grill. Bee flew into the then open case, got too close to the Fan, sucked in and remained there until about 6 months later, when i cleaned it out, lol. This computer has killed sooooo many insects in its life. My old Nvidia 6800 GT was pretty bad as well, the fan died on that pretty quick, so i replaced it with a a 70mm old P4 fan and used plasticine to hold it in place (really). That Sucked in a spider or two... peeled away from the very sharp fins....

Now that i think about it...this computer must use their life essence to keep it going.... it really is a zombie i swear, i've had to resurrect it so many times from critical hardware failure, Viruses, dead PSU, corrupt OS, RAID failure.... that, and i've shed more than a few drops of blood on it, evil sharp corners....

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm on air cooling.

Oh yeah, well I'm on water.

Oh yeah, well I steal the life force of insects.