I Ascared! Thermaltake Frio GT

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Being the cooler monkey that I am I thought I would post what I meant to back when Computex was going on but ended up being tied up with a sick two year old.

Before I show the cooler, keep in mind that this is a CPU cooler only. Oh, and yes, the vertical metal arm at the top right corner of the top section is a brace to keep the cooler stable.

So without further ado, I present...

FOOLISHNESS!!!

19537449.jpg

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
That's... silly, lol. Go water cooling, seriously, would need low height RAM, large case, the noise would be silly with the vibration. Typical Tt fans last about 6 months too (sleeve bearings). That cooler is just pure epeen.

marfig

No ROM battery
Wow! That's insane :)

They chose an interesting name, btw. Frio and Frío are the modern Portuguese and Spanish words respectively for cold, derived from the Latin frigo. Meanwhile, Frio is also the latin for "break into parts".

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You know a cooler is a little -too- big when it requires a separate brace to hold it up! It'd be interested in know just how effective that thing is, even though it's ridiculous in all regards.

They chose an interesting name, btw. Frio and Frío are the modern Portuguese and Spanish words respectively for cold, derived from the Latin frigo. Meanwhile, Frio is also the latin for "break into parts".

Interesting, wasn't aware of that! Looking at the cooler though, I am thinking this cooler could fulfill both meanings.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I still think this one takes the cake

Attachments

• 1124416360523[1].jpg
    1124416360523[1].jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 586

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I wanna know if you can make a fan sammich and add on two more to the opposite side of each fin bank.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
8x Deltas with no fan controller... you know... because... ;) lol

It'll still be +5C > room temp at idle, +25-30C at load. Put a side panel on with an internal venting GPU and any temp gains would be gone.

Last edited:

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
I wanna know if you can make a fan sammich and add on two more to the opposite side of each fin bank.

You could but you will not likely get much increase in airflow since the intake fan would accelerate the air and the outlet fan would simply pass it through without much effect at all... because the air is already traveling at speed.

Looking at your photo, with that nice big fan running on the top of the case, I'd say your best bet would be to remove the fans from the heatsink entirely and use a ducted solution shrouding the cooler in a box with a chimney running up to the top fan and have it draw hot air out the top.

Last edited: