How do I find out how many processors an AMD processor has?

Kathleen

Obliviot
Intel has a very dandy system of telling you exactly how many processors are running in one of their processors, but AMD just gives me a bunch of weird numbers. Is there someplace that tells me how many processors an AMD processor has?

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Try CPU-z it's a program to read the specifications of your CPU: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html After the installation start CPU-z. Click the CPU tab and below in the screen you can read how many cores (processors) your AMD processor has. This program can be used to gather specifications about Intel and AMD cpu's.

cpuzoj.jpg

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm not big on desktop gadgets. I think it goes back to the days when I was running Vista on a Pentium D 805 and 2GB of DDR400. Even though my system can easily run the OS, I'm a scrooge when it comes to what is using resources.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I don't do pre-built PC's but I have worked on enough to know that the first thing that should be done is a full reformat and reinstallation of the OS. Blech!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
....... lol whut? Intel telling easily that's funny..... Amd is much easier hence the X2 X3 X4 and X6 markings. That and I believe you mean how many cores a particular processor has.

EDIT: I mean which is more obvious, AMD X2 555BE or an Intel i7 860? from the start the x2 seems pretty obvious.

Last edited: