GIGABYTE Shows Off 'TouchBIOS' Software Coming to Z68 Line-up

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Most PC enthusiasts will at some point have to hit up their system's BIOS, but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that sometimes, it'd just be more convenient to change a setting inside of Windows to save the hassle of a reboot. Catering to that idea, and to also give said enthusiasts something to "touch", GIGABYTE will soon release its appropriately called, "TouchBIOS".

gigabyte_touch_bios_050211.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'd like to see a proper EFI on GIGABYTE boards. MSI has one, ASUS has one, even BIOSTAR has one. What's more, it looks like the boards there is enough room to store one and I heard a rumour a while back that the reason why is that GIGABYTE was going to launch one soon.

Looks like that may be a bust.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Even Biostar has EFI? That's kind of embarrassing on behalf of GIGABYTE, then. I'm not sure the company's reason behind not supporting EFI, but I shot off an e-mail to someone there (actually, to Colin from the video) and hope to hear back soon.

EFI isn't at this point a deal-breaker for me, but if it's done well, it works really nicely. I just really hope GIGABYTE doesn't go and create an EFI and make it similar to TouchBIOS, because MSI's boards have taught me that big buttons like that are too complicated to deal with. Keep it simple.