GIGABYTE Previews its P67-based Motherboards

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Intel's "Sandy Bridge" processors are right around the corner (rumor is ~2 months), and as you might expect, motherboard vendors are hard at work to make sure their product is available at the same time. GIGABYTE, likely in response to a product briefing that ASUS is holding in San Jose next week, jumped the gun a little bit by giving us lots of information about its P67 launch boards.

Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

P67A-UD3R
P76A-UD3R_resize.jpg

P67A-UD3
P67A-UD3_resize.jpg

H67MA-UD2H
H67MA-UD2H_resize.jpg

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
The UD3R would look great in any case with a black interior. Black and silver. Yum!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
more processors on the way, cool! i have been saving up for new Motherboard, Processor and Ram!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm getting pissed at Intel though. It's almost like they feel that because AMD has closed the performance gap somewhat they have to pump out new solutions. I understand technology is a fickle thing and is always moving forward but this is getting out of hand, especially since they road out LGA775 for years and years.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
GIGABYTE sent along some box art as well... which I am posting only because it looks good.

P67A_UD7.jpg

P67A_UD5.png

P67A_UD4.jpg

P67A_UD3P.jpg

P67A_UD3.jpg

H67MA_UD2H.jpg

H67M_D2.jpg

H67A_UD3H.jpg

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
No mATX P67? :(

I'm really surprised at the lack of USB 3.0 support. Even a 3rd party controller would be good. At least the add on cards aren't that expensive.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
mATX boards are better-suited for H67, not P67. And for the lack of USB 3.0, I am not sure where you are looking ;-) Only one of those boards doesn't seem to have it (the mainstream mATX).

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Gah, I'm stunned. I wish I could blame it on the cold meds but it isn't their fault this time.

I read an article a while back about H67/P67 not having USB 3.0 support but this was an older one, likely before all of the details emerged.

I'm sure someone will roll out a mATX P67 board. mATX P55 boards seem to be a dime a dozen but that is a really good looking line up for launch.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Just to be clear, H67/P67 do not have USB 3.0 support, for whatever reason. But these boards do, because GIGABYTE added it on. Perhaps you were getting confused over Intel's absolute lack of support for USB 3.0 in its upcoming chipset.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The more I look at that P67A-UD7... the more I really want it. It might just be one of the best-looking boards I've ever seen.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I can see your Christmas tree now, Doomsday. Deck the halls with empty boxes!