Gas Prices

maddmaxx

E.M.I.
Hey everyone.What are you paying for a gallon of gas? Where are you located, generally speaking. Country, State, whatever. No street addresses please. Just curious. I am in Atlanta, Ga. USA and It's $2.89 USD a gallon as of this afternoon.:(

werty316

Partition Master
Not sure how that would convert to Canada since we don't use gallons but where I live it was $0.95CAD and then it went up to $1.05CAD and now its $1.09CAD. These prices are just crazy.

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Doing better than I am Max. 3.05 here in High Springs, Florida. Took me $60.50 to fill up my car.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Yeah, Indiana isn't to far behind. I saw it anywhere from $3.09 to $2.89 down the street from me.

Booooooooooooooooo!

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I think it's like $2.80 out around here the last time I was out and about. But it's been a little while, it could have gone up.

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
sbrehm72255 said:
I think it's like $2.80 out around here the last time I was out and about. But it's been a little while, it could have gone up.
Better prepare your self for sticker (pump) shock , Steve.
For the last month I've been driving my parents prius (50+ mpg) while they were on vacation (I should get something for taking the to and from the airport at rush hour) so I've been ignoring the actual prices at the gas station.
the same pump I filled up on the day they left at $2.49 hit $3.11 today almost 70 cents per gallon more then last year at this time:eek: And summer driving isn't here yet (supposed to go on a long motorhome trip this summer, but maybe we'll only go camping in the lower pasture.)

Buck-O

Coastermaker
$3.02 for mid grade here in Washington State, +/- 10¢ for the lower and higher grade gas.

The old Maxima sucks it dry.
Given that my fiance is on disability, and we have very limited income, it is definately becoming a stretch to fill the tank. So attempting to live outside the house, and take any long trips is become a maybe once a week thing. And now we count every trip we take, and assess its relavence before we do it.

Personally im wating untill middle of 2007 when the new Low Sulfer Diesel hits the street, and some new Diesel auto options come down the pipeline. I think thats where the real benefit will be. I personally dont buy into the marketing hype of hybrids.

Lothar

Obliviot
On my way into work this morning, I saw $2.80 in Bloomington, MN. It was at $2.95 mid last week after a sharp spike, but has slowly dropped. I expect another spike in a couple of days. Seems to shoot up about $0.30 and then slowly drop about $0.20 before spiking again... :mad:

Buck-O

Coastermaker
BLuKnight said:
I'm at about 2.70 here in Utah. I remember when gas was 89 cents per gallon. *sniff* Those were the good 'ol days.

The good old days...that was only 6-7 yars ago!!!:eek:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
You have my every condolence there Bro. I am sure the strain is on you, as it is most everyone. The trade off is that I put the miles on my car so the spending is justified. However, I can certainly understand your frustration.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Prices went up today to $3.10 for the cheap stuff. Summer's coming up and they'll rise even more.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
See, that’s bull shit. Prices, if anything, should come down with the announcement that the Federal Reserves are not being built up. Bush suspended the deposit of oil into our reserves which should lower prices. Something bad happens and prices go up immediately but when something like this happens, it takes a while to come down.

Bull shit.....

Jakal

Tech Monkey
One thing about it, once we tap the federal reserve, that's just more oil we'll have to replace later on. It's hard enough to keep people in supply, let alone the reserve. The government really needs to take a look at where this is going and put a stop to it. Gas prices in Venezuela are less than 20c a gallon. It's rediculous what we're having to pay.