Games you are playing

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
What's everyone playing? I am personally playing my way through Killzone 2 on the PS3. On the PC front, its still COD4 online.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I hate to report it, but, I haven't been touching too many games lately, and if I do make time to game, it's usually spent in Asheron's Call. I want to make more time for others though, since there are <em>many</em> games out there I've wanted to play through, but haven't. I mean, I still haven't beaten Crysis, or Call of Duty 4! I'm <em>way</em> behind on things!

On the console front, I've slowly been making my way through Rachet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, and after that, I'll probably play through the expansion. Also been playing WipEout HD, but I might be at a point where it's just going to take far too much time to progress, so I might be done with that.

There are many other games I wouldn't mind getting into though. Kind of a good situation, to be honest. Too many games to play ;-)

Let me know how Killzone 2 is. I remember drooling over that one big-time when the first-ever trailer was released.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Let me know how Killzone 2 is. I remember drooling over that one big-time when the first-ever trailer was released.

Beautiful game. Shit controls.

I am going to beat it. Just because but I DO NOT care for the controls at all.

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Barely playing anything here. I was playing some Iron Grip Warlords (Definitely not worth the asking price... just unbelievable) but I'm done with it now, and L4D.

Thinking about the new CoH Tales of Valor pack that's coming out in a week, and going nuts waiting for the new L4D downloadable content that's also about to come out (finally). All four maps will become versus playable, a completely new, harder map will be added, and a new game mode called Survivor will be added well.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have been addicted to "And Yet it Moves", a Steam indy game. It's a lot of fun.

gcraves19

Obliviot
Lately I've been playing:

Touch 'Em - just put up a review on it

Cosmic One

Raging Thunder - really enjoying the feel of this racing game
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 - really enjoyable, polished game; right up there with Ikanoid and old favorites, Galcon and Metasquares

and how about you, what are some of the games you're enjoying as of late?

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II .. its Awesome!!

and apart from that a little bit of Mirror's Edge or Crysis....

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have gone back a few years and have been playing Command and Conquer: Generals with my roommate and his cousin via the internets. Such a fun game.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
DotA
Tried to get into warhammer, and it was ok... and I recommend checking it out... But over all it just wasn't for me.
L4D on occasion.
Did I mention DotA ?

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
I'm so lame. I love dungeon crawls, RPGs, puzzle and (shhhh, don't tell anyone) CCG's. And the occasional platformer. So my games list consists of:

Console (all PS3):
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (beaten twice but ALWAYS still fun)
Rock Band 2 (for groups or me and the missus)
Eden (downloadable)
Valkyria Chronicles (GREAT game, bout halfway through)
and collecting dust waiting for me to finish Valkyria is Little Big Planet.

Computer:
Oblivion (God bless Crossover games)
Baldur's Gate II
Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 (notice a theme here?)
Thief Series
Deus Ex 1 & 2
The old, old OLD Microprose (remember them?!) Magic: The Gathering (shhh, I feel a little dirty about that)
Ultima 7 and 8
HL2 and Portal (again and again and again...)
Starcraft

That pretty much wraps it up. Yep, I've not really enjoyed a proper FPS in so long that I've forgotten what they're like. Except for HL2, I've not found anything even tolerable for more than an hour or two. I found FarCry fun for about 4 hours, though. I'd probably revisit that one! Oh, and Serious Sam was hella fun.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ahh, I have R&C: Tools of Destruction downloaded, but I'm not quite through the original yet. This series is quite spectacular though. Not your ordinary platformer, that's for sure. Plus, there's humor that actually makes me laugh out loud. That's rare for a game series to do.

Ahh, Valkyria Chronicles. Are you a fan of Sega's other RPG games? I used to be a huge RPG gamer, but I kind of trailed off after the SNES (arguably the best console for RPGs ever). Sad thing is, I own like 20 RPGs for the PS1 and PS2, but have never got around to 75% of them :-/

Thief! Another game I keep meaning to go back and play. As for Oblivion, that's one game I just couldn't get into. I loved the open-endedness of it, but just something about it...

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
if u love RPGs u gotta try KOTOR 1 & 2, The Witcher or Mass Effect even!:D

i Hope Blizzard announces a release date for StarCraft II this BlizzCon '09!!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
erm, i was playing Assassin's Creed and suddenly the screen went blue and my system restarted! this has happened twice in the last 12hrs.. it happened before while i played HAWX and Mass Effect but not with any other game.

any ideas wot this is?!?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Your last post is a little unrelated to this thread ;-)

Could be an overheating issue. You might also want to double-check voltages in your BIOS. Maybe boost up your CPU and RAM voltages just a wee bit (+0.025v for CPU and +0.1v for Memory), and see if that helps. Installing the latest video drivers is also a good idea.

EarthViper

Obliviot
I've gotten tired of waiting for a definitive JRPG from this generation of consoles. Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and the two Tales games are 'good' but not 'great' and Fire Emblem and Valkyria are excellent but an SRPG just isn't satisfying my need for traditional console style JRPG's.

As such I've recently gone back to play Final Fantasy VI from the good ol' SNES. Revisiting a childhood favorite has reminded me what a true masterpiece JRPG can be and boy do I miss them.

The main reason I'm doing this though is because my 4th 360 headset went belly up last week and not interested in spending another $20-$60 on another Timebombs R Us headset I decided to take a break from XBL. Prior to that I'd been playing mostly games like Left 4 Dead, Frontlines Fuel of War and Family Game Night Scrabble (guilty pleasure don't laugh :p)

Altrus

Coastermaker
"Damnation" at.......98% more to download.....

There have been a few good JRPGs on the PSP recently but its not the same as a console JRPG.....

This is a strange thought but speaking of RPGs I wish they'd release more D-Sims for the PSP, its not a good thought and I hate myself for having it, but those things are just so horribly adicitive you play one and you just want to play another! I feel lousy on the inside now........

Last edited: