G27 Racing Wheel.

killem2

Coastermaker
I just got mine in the mail tonight, opened it up, it is a thing of beauty. I will be making my own user review of it and wide range of video games.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Oooh, nice! The only wheel I have ever used was a crappy Mad Katz back in the PSX days. It was cheap, flimsy and hardly worked.

I'm interested to see how far things have progressed since I turned away from racing games somewhat.

killem2

Coastermaker
Here is kind of a run down of what I want to do.

Test between my keyboard, my dual analog controller, and the wheel.

Burnout Paradise
GTA 4 (not sure how I will, but I'll figure it out lol)
F1 2010
F1 2011
NFS: SHIFT 1 + 2
NFS: Hot Pursuit
GRID
Dirt 2

(only games I own at the moment)

killem2

Coastermaker
I've gotten a chance to use it with NFS: HP and Burnout thus far. At first I thought It was hindering me, so i went back to the dual analog controller, and you can clearly see the difference in how cars handle. Drifting is much harder with the wheel as you have to know how to brake just enough and balance the wheel, but it is very precise.

My damn dirt2 disc is shot, so I'm trying to get that downloaded. GTA IV is installed, and I will attempt that. The force feed back is very strong. I even turned it off a couple times to see how that feels but, over all its best to just leave it on, so you can get used to it across the board.

Still waiting for steam to install everything else, (just formatted) Origin handles burnout and NFS: HP.