Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Demo Released

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
In case you were asleep all yesterday, this is a note to let you know that the highly-anticipated Quake Wars demo has finally been released and you can download it from every website on the internet. Well not really, but Gamers Hell, Internode and FileShack all have it, and I am sure there are many others who do as well.

From what I gather, this is both a single-player and multi-player demo, taking place on the Valley map. For those not ready to make the trip online, you will be pleased to know that bot support is included to give you plenty of time to prepare for making a fool of yourself in front of others.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
enemy_territory_quake_wars_091107.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
The Strogg and GDF experience is quite different. GDF have to attack on this map, and Strogg defend. The GDF must build a bridge, move a mobile base, kill a tower thing, launch a bunker-busting missile, and then assault an installation. Meanwhile the Stroggs must fight a retreat. Although the classes are paralleled on either side, they are not mirror-images of each other, and every single class has a wide range of different equipment.

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Xel

Obliviot
I love online FPS gaming competition and have been looking forward to this for a long time. The development team worked on a mod for Q3 that I used to play (Q3F) and sort of abandoned them, so I am not the biggest fan of the people... but the game should be great none-the-less. I'll grab the demo tonight, for sure!

--Xel

ComradeWolf

Obliviot
I've played this demo and it is a really good game (in my opinion), good and intense fights and many other features such as disabling viechles etc. I will leave you guys to figure out the rest though. I'd reccomend buying Enemy Territory: Quake Wars though.