Duke Nukem Forever Demo Release June 3rd

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Got an email from the First Access Club, and only the First Access Club members will get access to it, meaning those who bought Borderlands GOTY Edition. I'm so playing it when the demo's released :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
"Hey, I'd still hit it."

Been amped up for this game so long, that even if it sucked, I think I'd be too blinded to realize it. I just hope it manages to keep me 1/10th as much as DN3D did. If so, that $50 will pay for itself over and over again.

First-person shooter games are a dime a dozen, but Duke still manages to remain unique in a lot of ways. It's not quite sci-fi, but in some ways it is. It's pretty much a game in its own class, though. Ridiculous humor, lots of girls, immature attitudes... sign me up.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh yeah, people are excited! My local Gamezilla even has a huge Duke cardboard cutout.

Haha, nice! I *thumbs up* that kind of appreciation for the Duke.

What's Gamezilla, though? Don't think I've ever heard of it, and I live in the same small city :eek:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I can't wait for this game because I loved the first one so much. Not because I am excited for this one. I guess I am just worried that today's hyper-realistic games have set a standard. I hope that there is still room for an absurd over the top game like Duke. I'm actually sure of it but it still worries me.

The mid to late 90s were green fields for games like Duke (Redneck Rampage anyone?) and I'm hoping that the new game is done well and appreciated for what it is. Not what it isn't.

That being said, I picked up Borderlands GOTY. When did you get your email Crimson?

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Is that the same one that they have out at GameStop in McAllister Place, Joe? They have one there of Duke with his arm around a girl but the girl's face is cut out so someone could be put in the scene.

This may end up being an early birthday present!

Duke%20Nukem%20Fanart.jpg

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The mid to late 90s were green fields for games like Duke (Redneck Rampage anyone?) and I'm hoping that the new game is done well and appreciated for what it is. Not what it isn't.

I am hoping the same, although I also hope that the game has a certain level of replay-ability. With Duke Nukem 3D, I found myself being drawn back to it over and over. I'd love to experience the same thing with DNF.

For what it's worth, I also got the e-mail the other day. Greg, did you ever sign up for the First Access Club?

http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access

This may end up being an early birthday present!

Guess which wallpaper I just applied?

Psi*

Tech Monkey
"Hey, I'd still hit it."

Been amped up for this game so long, that even if it sucked, I think I'd be too blinded to realize it. I just hope it manages to keep me 1/10th as much as DN3D did. If so, that $50 will pay for itself over and over again.

First-person shooter games are a dime a dozen, but Duke still manages to remain unique in a lot of ways. It's not quite sci-fi, but in some ways it is. It's pretty much a game in its own class, though. Ridiculous humor, lots of girls, immature attitudes... sign me up.
Sadly, I am of the same ilk :)

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
That being said, I picked up Borderlands GOTY. When did you get your email Crimson?

I got it on Monday the 16th, 2 days ago. You have to get the key in Steam from Borderlands GOTY (in game library click DLC when Borderlands is selected) and enter that code into the first access website to register.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Haha, nice! I *thumbs up* that kind of appreciation for the Duke.

What's Gamezilla, though? Don't think I've ever heard of it, and I live in the same small city :eek:

It's a hobby shop on the west side. They've got video games, card games like magic the gathering and D&D, comics. It's sort of like that comic book shop on the Simpsons, minus the obnoxious storekeeper.

Is that the same one that they have out at GameStop in McAllister Place, Joe? They have one there of Duke with his arm around a girl but the girl's face is cut out so someone could be put in the scene.

No, I haven't seen that one ... yet. That's awesome!