Download The Hurt Locker? You Could be Sued

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Many pirates who download movies, music, or really any form of copyrighted material understand the risks of doing so, but rarely believe that there is any chance the hammer could fall on them. After all, organizations such as the RIAA have sued thousands, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the millions who pirate materials on a very regular basis.

the_hurt_locker_051210.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

Zetsumei

Obliviot
My View on Piracy

I think these futile attempts in stopping people pirating by suing them is coursing more harm to the media industry then helping. treating people and family's that sit at a computer and torrent is not in any way the same as someone stealing a car or breaking into a house and stealing. it's there "panic" system when they are not making the sales to blame piracy. the truth is that most people who are going to buy it will and the people downloading it are the one who in a million years would have never brought it!

This is just their own fault for not evolving to the times and the new ways to distribute media they were slow and in 10 years of high speed internet they still have not developed a good system for people to get films online.

I think piracy is always going to be the case and is not going to be solved by heavy handed acts on the few unlucky individuals.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i dont think movies r as badly hit by pirates as compared to games! financially i.e

a movie can only be truly enjoyed on the big screen, which is why it be un wise to not go and watch it in cinema! dont feel hesitant spending $5 for a movie though! :D

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I really doubt the ISPs are just gonna hand over the IPs since they haven't been very cooperative before why would they suddenly just change that?

eunoia

Partition Master
I hope they sue the battledress off of a lot of Iraq War veterans. Then the great circle of irony would be complete.

cloud8521

Obliviot
I think these futile attempts in stopping people pirating by suing them is coursing more harm to the media industry then helping. treating people and family's that sit at a computer and torrent is not in any way the same as someone stealing a car or breaking into a house and stealing. it's there "panic" system when they are not making the sales to blame piracy. the truth is that most people who are going to buy it will and the people downloading it are the one who in a million years would have never brought it!

This is just their own fault for not evolving to the times and the new ways to distribute media they were slow and in 10 years of high speed internet they still have not developed a good system for people to get films online.

I think piracy is always going to be the case and is not going to be solved by heavy handed acts on the few unlucky individuals.
even if the sold online it would not help people are there for the free and not the fact its online

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Yup, those pirates are a real scourge... Lets sue people that download the movie online instead of wasting precious resources and time convicting knockoff DVD sellers on corner shops and car-boot sales that actually make money doing it... have to stop the pirates first..... :rolleyes:

Here's a pretty picture of the future...

To recover the costs of falling sales and record profits, intermission's will be placed on DVD's every 15 mins for 30 seconds at a time, unskippable of course.... in addition to the 20 mins of Ads at the beginning as well - and product placement in-Film. Every 30 mins, infomercials will be played. Additionally, you may not play the DVD without an internet connection. If your DVD player and TV do not meet playback standards, the film will not play. Attempting to play the DVD in a none supported player will result in the film being wiped. A free copy of the film can be downloaded for your portable media player (in our proprietary TFD format, to which some (all) PMP's can not play) when you subscribe to our online film store (restrictions apply).

We're probably just a hop-skip and a jump away....

The worst part, stealing a car, writing it off in an accident and injuring/killing people in the process carries less jail time and lower fines than someone who sold a few fake DVD's..... makes me feel sick...

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
*does his happy Canada dance*

This sounds like nothing more than a scare tactic trying to drum up publicity and maybe a few extra bucks for an average movie.