Dice Game Targeted By 20th Century Fox

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm doubtful that anyone out there needs yet more proof that the biggest companies in the movie industry also happen to be the greediest and most sue-happy, but leave it to 20th Century Fox to give us another source anyway. This one is more interesting than most, though, as the company seems to believe it has control over wordage that has been used for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

dice_age_080111.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
What a load of crap. Their attitude comes from the top. Rupert Murdoc believes he can do whatever he wants.

That's the biggest flaw with capitalism; it leads to "corporatocracy". The future of the earth is in the hands of a handful of huge privately owned companies. Look the US debt crisis. Credit companies have 300 million people (not counting how it affects the rest of the world) right where they want 'em.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
What a load of crap. Their attitude comes from the top. Rupert Murdoc believes he can do whatever he wants.

That's the biggest flaw with capitalism; it leads to "corporatocracy". The future of the earth is in the hands of a handful of huge privately owned companies. Look the US debt crisis. Credit companies have 300 million people (not counting how it affects the rest of the world) right where they want 'em.
True thaat, sadly! :(

Kayden

Tech Monkey

Sad but true.

marfig

No ROM battery
>> Let's just hope he doesn't need to start another Kickstarter project to help pay the legal fees.

Very true. I won't contribute...

In fact he should be thankful. There's no money that can pay this kind of publicity. Especially when we consider he can actually change the name if he wants.

That said, 20th Century Fox can go sodomize itself. This industry has been doing a very good job at becoming the most unpopular entertainment industry on the planet. Quite a feat. Of course this is more fuel to the fire of pirates always eyeballing an opportunity to justify their criminal behavior. 20th Century Fox can't win this one, but they know they can troll a less resourceful author because they have the money and their lawyers have been payed already, whether they work or not.

edit:
It's 21st Century Fox now, isn't it?

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
Companies need to remember they are here to provide a service. They are supposed to answer to us, not the other way around.

That's a common misunderstanding in my area... I hear that a lot.

The truth is that large corporations exist for only 2 reasons...

1) To do as little as possible while separating you from as much money as they can.
2) To keep stock values up for their shareholders to trade.

Beyond that... Their products or services are only there because you wouldn't give them money if they werent.

eunoia

Partition Master
Latest news: American fur manufacturers have signed on in the countersuit against Fox claiming some confusion could arise between the movie studio and their coats and stoles.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
So that's why Fox hunting was banned in the UK... all those people looking for beagles had to be diverted to the nearest Blockbuster or cinema...

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
I used to get into arguments about copyright with some less-than-enlightened people. I used to say to them, "Well ... in making your arguments you are plagiarizing the English language. Make up your own language and quit stealing someone else's!". I mean where does it stop?