Dell Announces Vostro 2510 Business Notebook

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
It was less than a week ago that I was lusting over Dell's latest Inspiron and Studio Hybrid release, but their Vostro 2510 has done a good job of keeping my mind off of them. The latest Vostro model starts off at $899 on the official Dell website and includes a T5670 Core 2 Duo (1.8GHz), 2GB of RAM and a 160GB hard drive. As you'd expect, putting some more money into the machine will vastly improve its like-ability.

The top rig, at a base $1,208 includes the same processor, an upgraded hard drive (250GB) and more RAM (3GB), but that's only where the fun begins. As I looked through the available options, I noticed a display option to upgrade to a WUXGA resolution. For those unaware, WUXGA is equal to 1920x1200. Oh, did I mention that the Vostro 2510 utilizes a 15.4" display?

That amazing spec aside, the notebook offers a single color... red, with black tones, but it looks good. While I would have liked to have seen a black or blue version (or even a black and blue!), it's hard to complain when the styling is so clean and stylish... perfect for the business user.

dell_vostro_2510_080408.jpg

The 2510 is also the first Vostro product to offer optional Blu-Ray technology. We know you don’t just use your computer for business, so now you can use travel time (or any time) to catch-up on your favorite movies and shows. Adding more style and features like Blu-Ray was something you asked for on IdeaStorm, and we listened. Other optional features you told us were important are continued on the 2510, like integrated fingerprint readers and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.

Source: Dell Small Business Blog