Dell 19" UltraSharp 1907FP LCD Monitor

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I had heard something about Samsung planning a USB only monitor... wasn't sure how one changes a DVI or VGA port to USB on your graphics card though, and I don't think most monitors are designed to accept inputs from USB. Was this one designed for that? Most monitors with USB such as mine simply slap a cheap USB hub in them and leave it at that, so it couldn't be used to signal the screen anyway, while Samsung's only had USB ports to begin with. If I'm wrong then please correct me :)

A concern with the Samsung was CPU overhead... using USB to process a video signal over USB constantly would incur a small performance hit, as most USB devices will do.

navratilova

Obliviot
Hi all, I'm shopping for an LCD monitor (preferably 17 inch display) that has an s-video input so that I can plug my PS2 directly into the monitor. There is an adapter I can buy which converts s video to VGA, but they run at least $50, and I'm trying to find the simplest, least expensive solution. Can someone help me find an lcd monitor that is under $200 and will take input directly from my console?

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
navratilova: I'm not positive, but I'm almost certain you will not find a monitor that includes an S-Video port for under $200. I'd be surprised to see that option available on a 17" monitor at all... I've never seen anything like that. I think your best bet is to buy that adapter, because to get a monitor that includes the S-Video, you're likely going to have to spend big bucks for a robust 20" or 24".