Crysis 2....

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
IS SICKLY AMAZING. I got the multiplayer demo and have been playing it for the past hour. SO MUCH FUN. Though I doubt it'll be good for benchmarking, since I get about 55 fps with maxed out settings WHILE recording with fraps..whereas with the original I would only get around 40, idk what's going on :p. I recorded a match and I'm currently compressing it for upload to youtube :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
do post the video! I hope the graphics r better than consoles!! It sux that they didn't release the SP demo!! :(

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wait... a PC demo? WHERE? I was hoping to see it available on Steam, but no cigar.

I am certain Crysis 2 will be a game we'll be benchmarking, but not multiplayer... that's too sporadic.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
This is download number 1 tonight, as soon as I deal with some cable management.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
do post the video! I hope the graphics r better than consoles!! It sux that they didn't release the SP demo!! :(

I have the video compressed and ready for upload, but I'm going to try to get somewhere with better internet to upload it. either tonight at my friend's house or from class tomorrow on a lab computer. 50 megabit internet at school :p

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
My GPUs ought to own the hell out of it too bad I am busy with bulletstorm!!!!!!!!!!!11111@@!!!! Seriously bulletstorm is EFFING awesome. Its decently hard on normal but not too hard but best of all its just fun and has a great story, long story short I have spent several hours playing it last night and today. AFAIK, accordidn to Nvidia a 580 will pull ~35 FPS all maxed at 2560x1600 and a 260 will do ~17 but a 275 ought to do a bit better than a 260 and in SLI they are probably very similar to a 580, at less cost.

THUMPer

Coastermaker
isnt the demo DX9? and im pretty sure the game ships DX9, then they will patch it to DX 11? what kind of shit is that?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267505

Another console port. Don't waste your money on it.
Also would like to point this out....

On PC demo. Awesome message
Untitled.jpg

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
here ya go. Stupid YouTube drops the freaking bitrate and fps. jeez. looks horrible once uploaded.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sJSwO4qKj6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
yup. Those settings were on my monitor at home, and I'm at my friend's house with my gaming rig hooked up to his 36" Sony TV @ 1080p and runs it at same fps! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Playing Crysis 2!
When Prophet did what he did, it was a 'frakk u' to PC gamers! No Nomad, No Psycho, no free roam, no open world thingy, same linear path point and shoot gameplay like COD, nothing of what made Crysis 1 awesome!(for me atleast!) :D

Crysis 2 is Black Oops with a Nanosuit! and it sux! :(

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Crysis 2 is Black Oops with a Nanosuit! and it sux! :(

Ugh, that's not what I wanted to hear! I gave the game a quick 20 minute go the other night, and I have to admit that despite the lack of DX9, the game is still quite gorgeous. It might just be... alright, it is the best-looking DX9 game ever designed.

I am hoping to dedicate good time to playing it this week, so I'll see if my opinions align with yours. I am not nearly as fussy as most others usually, so when I complain about something, there's probably good reason for it :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm with Rob. It sure looked pretty, even without the latest and greatest eye candy. It makes me wonder what DX11 is truly capable of if a DX9 title can look this good?

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
It does look great but, the things i mentioned really are a downer for me!

Me gonna run through the original Crysis to get this bad taste out of my mouth.

Last edited: