Corsair Enters the Keyboard and Mouse Market

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Imagine my surprise as I pulled up Corsair's page only to find a new product line that flew in under the radar - Vengeance Gaming. Vengeance has been Corsair's current enthusiast brand of memory but is being expanded to incorporate K-series keyboards, M-series mice and a few new headset models.

corsair_peripherals_091611.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Also worth mentioning - full aluminum bodies on everything and both keyboards make use of the silent variety mechanical switches - definitely interested.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
The mouse looks like a piece of shit. There are situations when there are TOO many options.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I meant to put in the part about the Cherry MX Red switches but forgot as I was trying to juggle three or four different things. Oops. The fact that there's no clicky, click makes that board something I'd like to check out. Clicky, click is no good for sleepers.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
With the mouse, sure, it's ugly - but thinking about it, practical. The Logitech G700 I reviewed a while ago, not exactly a looker, but it was practical. The 12 button array on the Naga by Razer would be quite easy to get lost with, since all the buttons are the same size and shape. This one by Corsair does have some thought behind it in that there is blank spot for your thumb to rest (no accidental clicks); but it does mean that the buttons at the far back will require some rather uncomfortable stretching.

As much as these peripherals grab my attention, there will be one thing that makes or breaks them - the software. Every programmable keyboard or mouse I've played with has had software issues. Let's see if Corsair spent as much time on the software (or the ODM did) as they did on the hardware.