Corsair at CES 2011

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Corsair continues to expand it's product range and at this year's CES, a few interesting surprises await. Last year, Corsair took the plunge into audio with the HS1 headset, this year it's brought high end speakers into the mix. There's a new member to the Hydro range of coolers and a couple more chassis' to be envious of. Read on for the details.

Read our initial coverage of Corsair at CES and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I think the 600T is drop dead gorgeous...if a case can be such a thing. I'm not so sure about the white version though. It just doesn't seem to be as striking as the NZXT Phantom. Maybe I just need to see it in person like I have the Phantom.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
not into White chassis, Black is Beauty baby! I sold my V8 so i am definitely in the market for the H70 or if it is better, the H60!
Would love a review of the speaker systems too! :D

Last edited:

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I would love to get hold of this new audio gear. The HS1A will loose the Dolby effect (which worked quite well to be honest), but a direct feed from a decent sound card will probably more than compensate... musically anyway. As for games, I don't think the software based up-scaling of the soundcard will quite match the tuning that Corsair put into the USB based HS1... I would love to test them with an Amp - shame I lack a headphone amp, lol.

I do find it strange that Corsair are also trying this 'Link' thing again, after NVIDIA tried and failed... pretty much all it's partners stopped advertising it after a month or so, even Thermaltake - which had a complete ecosystem, PSU, Chassis, Fans, Heatsinks, Water loops and controllers.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The HS1A looked quite nice, but I'm more interested in the SP2500 speakers :D Didn't get to hear them, but they have the specs to sound kick-ass.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Looks like a HS1A review should be cooked up if possible, especially since a comparison can be made.

DING, DING! USB VS. 3.5mm! The floggin' in my noggin'!

Where's Don King when you need him?