Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 SSD Recall

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I still don't full trust SSD and this is another reason that reinforces it. I know they are doing the right thing here and that gives me confident in Corsair but not SSD tech for my primary storage.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Nice find and good on Corsair for addressing it the way they have.

It's not that I don't trust SSD technology. It's that I'd rather have my important files stored on something that isn't accessed all the time. The longer something runs or the harder it runs, the greater the chance of failure.

There's no way I could get back 2+ years of pictures of my boy.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's great to see Corsair step up to the plate in the way it has, even though the fault of the SSDs isn't a result of its own design, but rather the controller being used. SandForce will have a lot of answering to do, I think, especially since those controllers are not only used in Corsair's drives, but in the drives of other vendors as well.

It's unfortunate for those early-adopters to jumped on the Force 3s right away though. I see in that thread some people who even bought more than one for a RAID setup. Ugh.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I'll second that, nice find Eunioa! I missed this one as I've been traveling, but I still don't see it mentioned anywhere I'd expect it to be. Glad to see Corsair stepping up to the plate and not even trying to push some of the blame off elsewhere... kudos to them and I hope they can pin down all the causes first time around.

To be fair to Corsair, most new generation SSD launches run into a few hiccups. Intel oopsed twice in a row, and OCZ has also had issues of their own. I know I'm forgetting another example... New generation controllers or innovative products like the Revo all carry a degree off risk... but SSDs are so powerful now if someone wanted to be truly safe I could easily recommend using a last generation model or a series that's been on the market for over a year. I still use the original Vertex 1 in my personal PC, but we're up to the Vertex 3 already... :rolleyes: