CoolIT PURE Silent Liquid CPU Cooler

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I thought it was a 92 mm fan. I want to use it on a Core 2 Quad Q6600 overclocked only to about 2.7 in an Ultra X Blaster case which has one 120mm intake fan but has two side vents. Will my overall system be cool enough? I'm planning of having 4 HD and a HD2600XT video card. Thanks
You probably need to put the CoolIt on the back of the case if you have a 120mm fan mounting area.
I've used the CoolIt Freezone for just about a year now and it has done an excellent job of cooling the CPU and as an exit air fan for the case.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I was wondering reading both reveiewson the Freezone Coolers, the Pure and the elite, how they both would compare to the bigwater 760i?

My QX9650 is only 45nm, but OC'ed still gets quite hot under load.

So it worth investing in the Freezone Elite, and replace the Bigwater, which is anyway quite load when turned up to full cooling capacity.

Any advice?

Thanksmuch, Michael

There are 5 unregisterd posts in this thread........are all of these yours?
It's easy to register so we can see the same name and respond better using your previous posts :)

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
The Freezone Elite works well enough for Quads, but it is more for silence than max cooling. I my opinion, your best option is to buy a full on real watercooling setup. Next would be the Elite and third would be a bigwater.

werty316

Partition Master
The Bigwater 760i is a horrible watercooling kit as it performs around the same level as a highend cooler which isn't a good thing considering the price tag of the Bigwater 760i.

EDIT: ditto with buying a real watercooling setup.

Mickey

Obliviot
There are 5 unregisterd posts in this thread........are all of these yours?
It's easy to register so we can see the same name and respond better using your previous posts :)

No, this is the first time I used this board, or for that sake, any board. Now to these discussion forums, but love it. Will try to share as well, I guess, if I have anything to share.
Anyway, I'm registered now, as you can see. If I used this correctly. Thanks for all the reponses.

Mysystem,
EVGA 780i Mobo,
QX9650, OC'd at 3.6 (currently)
8 GB OCZ ReaperX HPC PC2-6400
Visat 64x, SP1
2x Hitachi 750GB, 32 MB SATA-300 drives
2x EVGA 8800GTS 512MB
PSU Ultra X3 1000W

Mickey

Obliviot
So if not CoolIt Freezone, which Liquid cooler

Thanks for all the advice, but then now, in this product class water/liquid cooling systems, which would be a great start : Zalman, Koolance, Silverstone?

Thanks for any opinions.

M

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Size of the Pure?

Hey guys, that was a great write-up on the Pure. I have a case where the 120mm fan is wedged into a corner. On one side there is the case on the other there is the PSU. It looks as if the radiator is larger than the fan and wouldn't fit in my situation. It will offset right? I have no room left and right so I think I may have talked myself out of this unit. I need something whisper quiet for a stock Quad Core.

Thanks

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
What case do you have? The fan is as wide as the radiator, it mostly depends on the location of your side-panel tabs. They do ship an offset bracket with the Pure.

U

Unregistered

Case

The case is a APEVIA X-QPACK2. It's a microATX build that needs to be quiet. The case would need some modding due to it's size but I'm ok with that. The fan is seriously against the PSU and the outside case (left and right, top and bottom). No room whatsoever if the radiator is even a mm larger than the fan. It looked as though the radiator stuck out a bit larger than the fan. Really hard to tel in photos. Offset might will not help.

I ordered a Zalman 8700 but I would still like to try the Pure. I was also looking at the Thermaltake PW 850i but a little shy about doing the "real" water cooling in this build.

I'll get registered...sorry for the Unregistered reply.

Dave

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
OK, now I understand your predicament. The radiator is about 1/2" larger than the fan so this will not work for you. You will need to mount a radiator externally to do what you want. Hope this helps.