CoolIT ECO A.L.C. Liquid CPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Want to take a "dive" into water cooling, but don't want the hassle and/or the expense? CoolIT has got you covered. With the company's ECO A.L.C., you get an all-in-one liquid cooler that has one of the easiest installation schemes we've seen to date, preforms well, and comes in at just around ~$70 US.

You can read Bill's full review here and discuss it here!

Naish

E.M.I.
Hmmm..

I'm still undecided on these, I was looking at both this and the Corsair H50 earlier tonight (I think I'd go with the ECO) but I still can't decide if it's worth jumping from the TRU120 to this. I think it'd be more of a "hurr hurr water cooling is nifty" thing than a noticeable difference for me at this point, but if I ever sell my system or make a new one I'll end up going with one of these all-on-one units.

samuelson1

Obliviot
Hi,

I just fit to my Phenom II x4 955 one Noctua NH-D14 because I was a little afraid about water cooling, but this CoolIT ECO look very simple, maybe I´ve made a mistake with my Noctua?

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaah....

No overclocked temperatures? I understand that not everybody overclocks but you show me an office user who wants water cooling and I'll show you an idiot.

"Woah! Excel is stressing my CPU!"

I'm really tempted to scale back on my case and cooling solutions in order to pick up one of these though. I image it would keep an i3 nice and cool, even with 1.3+ vcore.

The fit and finish on this looks great and I'm curious to see what a high CFM fan could do even though Coolit says the stock fan is the best solution.

x.clay

Obliviot
it has overclocked results ??

It looks like a nice improvement over the Domino. I would have loved to see benchmarks with a dual fan setup.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Hmmm..

I'm still undecided on these, I was looking at both this and the Corsair H50 earlier tonight (I think I'd go with the ECO) but I still can't decide if it's worth jumping from the TRU120 to this. I think it'd be more of a "hurr hurr water cooling is nifty" thing than a noticeable difference for me at this point, but if I ever sell my system or make a new one I'll end up going with one of these all-on-one units.

If you are happy with your TRU120 then it is not going to be a major leap. One thing the ECO and H50 has over any air cooler is less noise.

Hi,

I just fit to my Phenom II x4 955 one Noctua NH-D14 because I was a little afraid about water cooling, but this CoolIT ECO look very simple, maybe I´ve made a mistake with my Noctua?

Again, if you are happy then you probably made the right choice, noise is where these all-in-one water coolers shine.

Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaaaah....

No overclocked temperatures? I understand that not everybody overclocks but you show me an office user who wants water cooling and I'll show you an idiot.

"Woah! Excel is stressing my CPU!"

I'm really tempted to scale back on my case and cooling solutions in order to pick up one of these though. I image it would keep an i3 nice and cool, even with 1.3+ vcore.

The fit and finish on this looks great and I'm curious to see what a high CFM fan could do even though Coolit says the stock fan is the best solution.

1. We overclocked to 4.01Ghz and posted results, check it out again.
2. This is a great quiet solution and would have no problem whatsoever with a dual core even when you add teh GPU's heat.
3. I tested the H50 with 2 fans and different configurations and picked up minimal gains not making it worthwhile.

it has overclocked results ??

It looks like a nice improvement over the Domino. I would have loved to see benchmarks with a dual fan setup.

Dual fans never seem to help these units and if I do add another fan it introduces an extra variable since not all fans are created equal. If anything, using this inside a case with side panel fans and better airflow would have better results. The chassis I use, the Zalman GS1000 has no side panel fans or front panel intake fans as well so it is not as efficient. I use this chassis as it keeps the playing field level and forces the cooler to cool the CPU and stops the chassis fans from adding extra cooling that others may be able to give.

Big improvement over the Domino in both noise and performance. This is a great little cooler I have seen for $69.99CAD on sale (NCIX.com). It is an excellent alternative to air cooling.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Whoops! Thanks b1lk1!

My teacher used to say I know just enough to be dangerous. He was a tool.

Speed reading with a squirmy child on my lap is something I'm going to have to keep trying.

Any idea how this would stack up against a CNPS10X Performa? I'm likely going to go with one of the two.

Oh, Direct Canada has it on for $66 and change.

x.clay

Obliviot
Dual fans never seem to help these units and if I do add another fan it introduces an extra variable since not all fans are created equal. If anything, using this inside a case with side panel fans and better airflow would have better results. The chassis I use, the Zalman GS1000 has no side panel fans or front panel intake fans as well so it is not as efficient. I use this chassis as it keeps the playing field level and forces the cooler to cool the CPU and stops the chassis fans from adding extra cooling that others may be able to give.

I can understand that from a review standpoint it is probably best to test with the stock configuration to keep things fair. I have an Asetek cooler (similar to the H50) and it got a couple of degree temp drop off adding a second fan. It was about the same drop as adding a shroud to a single fan. What I really like about these small water cooling setups is how it clears the space around the CPU and RAM. Tower coolers have a tendency to crowd the RAM slots.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
It is also great not to have a monster heatsink if you're using some Thermaltake cases where the upper edge of the motherboard is right at the top exhaust fan(s). The V3 is one of the major culprits and sometimes requires you to remove the exhaust fan all together or angle your tower heatsink straight up.

U

Unregistered

Just to let you guys know, there is a 240mm radiator version of this cooler coming out :)

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'd still like to know how this would stack up against a TRUE, Megatron, Performa and the like. It's an extra $25 tacked onto my budget build.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Maybe I didn't see it or maybe it isn't there, but is this compatible with socket 775 intel chips?
I believe so. There are three back plates shown so I am assuming it is LGA 775, 1156 and 1366 since they all have different mounting hole locations.

coolit_eco_alc_06_thumb.jpg

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
After goofing around with Corsair's H50 for our contest PC, I have a new-found respect for this style of cooler. Quiet, and effective... can't beat that.

U

Unregistered

fan direction

i assume that like the other coolit systems, this one is set up to pull air into the case from outside. thus in a case like mine with one input fan and one output fan, using this system would leave no output fan. i assume that to properly use this system you must use a case with more than one (preferably on top) output fan. correct me if i am wrong please.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
No the ECO pulls air out of the case through the radiator. You can always tell which way a fan pulls as they always pull through the open end of the fan itself past the bracket and fan motor.

barrolde

Obliviot
Hi Guys, this is Barry w/ CoolIT. The reason our rad doesnt' benefit alot (it does some) from push/pull configs is because it is optimized for low CFM. That means you keep the fin pitch low so you get max performance out of the rad w/ a quiet fan. Just one of the intricacies of designing a powerful but quiet system ;)

Anyways, real reason I registered instead of posting as a guest is because I have been getting more and more involved with various different forums and we just honestly impressed by the quality of questions and answers been tossed around in here so I figured I'd hang around when I can.

I hope its ok for MFG's to post here... If so, i'm happy to help answer any other questions as well.. its going to be a big year for CoolIT and liquid cooling in general.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Barry