Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Linked to Russian Airport Bombing

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Gaming... fun for most, but a target for others. In the case of the horrible bombing that occurred at the Domodedovo International airport in Moscow earlier this week, the Russian media are blaming video games, with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in the hotseat. This brings us back once again to the not-so-uncommon question... can games create madmen?

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Its foolish to blame games! This airport has been the target of an attack before this. Almost 90 innocent ppl died back then! Games have become more mainstream so they have become an easy target!

Moscow has always been on the hit list of Chechen Rebels!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Whatever, I feel this is just BS and another way to say games are unsafe etc etc. You can do this with lots of games just look, OMG!! that guy jacked a car!!! he must have played GTA a lot!! Its pretty obvious whats real and whats not and what you should and shouldn't do. In which case if your not sure you must be quite a ways below average and will probably end up hurting yourself so to people like that, thanks in advance for removing yourself from the gene pool.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I still think music and movies would be far more effective in causing people to do ridiculous things than games. Why do people work out to music? It pumps them up. It has a REAL effect on people. Put violence into the lyrics... you can get the picture.

I hate game haters.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
The problem here is not the games, it's the idiots who can't differentiate between a game and reality and try to bridge the two, resulting in "madmen" created from games. I blame mentally unstable people, not the games.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
This is very appropriate for using this quote: "The news media always need a bogeyman"
(via http://www.cracked.com/article_18982_5-terrifying-online-trends-invented-by-news-media.html )
Bingo.

It's not just the media but almost everyone out there feels they need to blame something or put a label on something because it makes them feel safer. It's as if they automatically feel better if they have something to direct their emotions at.

If you don't know what something is, label it. If you don't know why something happened, blame something else.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.