Building my 2nd Computer Soon...

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Yeah, you should be able to use the full SATA II or 3Gb/s speed with the drive. Once you've removed the jumper, and plugged it in, you shouldn't have any difficulty.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
No problem man. I went through a lot of the same things when I built my rig earlier this year (Read: <a href="http://forums.techgage.com/showthread.php?t=402">Time for a New One</a>). Going from Socket A to a freshly released Opteron was a pleasent journey.

04-mobo_screws.jpg

Another question as I go along. Assuming I didn't miss a package of screws etc. I only got my main screw packet with my case, the NZXT and it only came with 4 of these screws as shown in the picture.

The problem is I have to have 9 of them in order to secure the motherboard... so either NZXT forgot to give me enough screws or something else happened b/c I don't have the proper screws to install the mobo in the case.

Now my other question is two fold: if that's true, can I go to a hardware store and get these particular screws? ... and if not, can I order more of them online somewhere??

Thanks so much guys.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
You should have gotten a set of stand-off screws with your case.

/me goes digging around for examples...

You should get a set of stand-offs, the brass lugs, and good amount of the smaller screws. I've always used the smaller screws for the motherboard and drives. While the larger screws, like what you've posted, for the video card, psu, etc. Larger items.

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I would personally email NZXT and see if they can help you. Sometimes the stand-offs are already installed in the mobo tray.

Yeah only problem is the majority of screws they gave me were too big for the standoffs. At any rate, I just got back from ACE Hardware and no can do, but he suggested I go to a local computer store and the guy gave me some screws that are perfect. Rock on!

Oh man I'm done with my computer and it rocks. Rob, your review of the NZXT was so true - the case is awesome! And I love all of its features and benefits like the drive bays, magnetic door, blue leds, and everything!

I'm so busy right now, otherwise I'd post some pics right now.

Only question I have is, why doesn't the NZXT Apollo have a system speaker connection from the case to the system circut connections. It only has power sw, reset sw, HDD, and PLED??

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Not every case has a system speaker with it.

It's good to hear that you have everything up and running. Let us know how you like it the more you use it. Congrats.

Hey I am going to post my pics of my completed computer. What method do you all recommend to post the pics? Unless I'm blind I haven't seen a way to do it on this forum except by linking to a web page.

Thoughts welcome, thanks! :)

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Just Curious, But let us know how Vista rates your system...K?

I got a 5.2 with the 7800 GS AGP card
Pent4 478
2 gigs DDR1 Mem
Not too bad.

Deckard

Last edited: