Broken Monitor? Cook it in an Oven!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
When I first laid my eyes on Gateway's XHD3000 30-inch display, I was in love. It offered the 2560x1600 resolution I was looking for, great specs, an awesome content upscaler, an ample soundbar and looked great to boot. Once it came to market, I got a sample in to review, and not long after, I purchased the monitor and have been making full use of it ever since.

gateway_xhd3000_012011_thumb.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I wonder how many tech enthusiasts haven't already tried cooking devices yet... :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm just waiting for some idiot to think, "Hmm...the oven takes too long. I'll use the microwave!"

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
man... why is it that when something breaks techies first idea is to chuck it into a oven?

Well, my first thought was to chuck it in the dishwasher actually. That worked amazingly well too, had a factory clean, like-new condition keyboard after I finished putting the electronics back into it...

I did put my laptop keyboard into the oven though... I confess I had ONE can of diet soda spill into it, was causing the keys to stick and it got inside the silicone grommets under each key so it would not dry out at all. Rather than wait a few weeks I had enough and rinsed it by hand, then baked it for 10 minutes to dry it thoroughly... That also worked without a hitch. :D