BFG Tech to Cease Production of its Graphics Cards

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well, this news is a little bit upsetting. The folks at [H]ard|OCP have obtained a press release from BFG Tech that states its going to be ceasing production of its graphics cards... but, will still continue to deliver and develop both its power supplies, gaming desktops and notebooks.

bfg_6800gt_051910.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
What can you expect when your bottom line depends on technology developed by another company and they are slow to get their next big thing to market?

Kudos to XFX for having the foresight to start pumping out DAAMIT gear.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Indeed, when your products depends on the releases of another company - who release their products 6 months late - it makes a big dent in your bottom line. When XFX pulled out of the 470 and 480 market as well, i guess Nvidia's actions ruffled quite a few feathers and maybe even pushed a couple birds out of the nest as a result. I guess this is another nail in the coffin with regard to price drops - in the long run, less companies, less competition, higher prices.

Next stop for BFG? Power supplies, cases, keyboards, mice, headsets, an SSD for good measure and maybe even expand into yet another Boutique system builder? Who knows.....

eunoia

Partition Master
Wow. Quite the bombshell for the consumer, this is a company that made some great product. Even in a pile of older video cards, the BFG one was more often than not "the one that still works".

Too bad.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Can't say I am surprised to hear this! It has been some time since I've heard BFG mentioned around GPU circles, they have fallen out of the public's mind since the 6800/7800/7900 days when they seemed to be around their peak.

BFG's warranty didn't seem to compare well to EVGA's, and certainly neither of them compares well to XFX's warranty policy... they just couldn't keep up.