Best Browser

Fr00zen

Obliviot
My opinion is that IE is the best browser. It does take a little technical know-how to set it up correctly, but it can be run 100% safely. I use open in another window to open as many windows as I want, and just alt-tab between them. I don't need or miss any of the features in browsers like FireFox. I heard about FireFox's tabs but I'm happy with my IE.

The only time I use IE is when I need to access an ftp website like my school website requiring a log-in. I really don't believe IE can be 100% safe unless you only check email and still you have to be careful.

supramax

Obliviot
Rob Williams said:
IE is the best browser just like sex without a condom is smart.

Have you had issues with IE in the past that made you not like it. Could you list what the issues were, so others can be aware of them?

Cool Barn

Obliviot
supramax said:
Have you had issues with IE in the past that made you not like it. Could you list what the issues were, so others can be aware of them?
Wow, you want to know about all the issues associated with Internet Explorer? I think it would be much quicker for Rob to list the things he DOES like about it ;)

fullpicture

Obliviot
Cool Barn said:
Wow, you want to know about all the issues associated with Internet Explorer? I think it would be much quicker for Rob to list the things he DOES like about it ;)

He speaks the truth. Microsoft itself will post page long explanations about a <i>single</i> bug in IE. Imagine how many pages it would take to explain thousands of bugs?

skyrise

Obliviot
This thread really only discusses browsers that run under win?

What is the favorite browser people use when running under linux?

Cool Barn

Obliviot
fullpicture said:
He speaks the truth. Microsoft itself will post page long explanations about a <i>single</i> bug in IE. Imagine how many pages it would take to explain thousands of bugs?
Exactly right my friend.

Then after you have explained the thousands of bugs and security issues you have to detail how and why Microsoft have stuck by and promoted their own standards instead of those of W3C as adhered to by all other browsers. Then why not mention how IE killed superior browsers like Netscape by unfairly monopolising the market, and how Microsoft got around this by imbedding Explorer so tightly into the shell that it couldn't be removed. Then mention how antiquated it has become because Microsoft hasn't been bothered to work on it for years, until they got wind that an upstart called Firefox was stealing some of their market share. Why not bring up how un-customisable it is compared to the majority of other browsers, and how teamed up with Outlook Express is the largest portal of viruses and malware in the history of computing.

Did I leave anything out?

xstatic

Obliviot
I disagree about it being as buggy as people think. IE, of course, has security bugs, but it is no more buggy then any other browser. The reason more bugs show up for IE then for a browser like Firefox is because there are extremly more people using IE then other browsers. The more people who use a browser, the more bugs that will be found.

discharge

Obliviot
xstatic said:
I disagree about it being as buggy as people think. IE, of course, has security bugs, but it is no more buggy then any other browser. The reason more bugs show up for IE then for a browser like Firefox is because there are extremly more people using IE then other browsers. The more people who use a browser, the more bugs that will be found.

You got to ask yourself if there are more bugs because #1- There are more people looking for them, or #2- There are more bugs in the software to be found.

Less bugs in the software, in the first place, would leave less bugs to be found ;)

Ben

Site Developer
xstatic said:

This is not necessarily true. One of open source's philosophies is that all bugs are shallow if enough eyes look upon them. If you read The Cathedral and The Bazaar, it makes this point. This is the case with Firefox since it is open source. Whereas with IE we can only find bugs by random chance of finding holes more or less, with Firefox we can actually look at the code and see the holes in it. Thus I would say Firefox is more secure because it is open source.

Cool Barn

Obliviot
xstatic said:
I disagree about it being as buggy as people think. IE, of course, has security bugs, but it is no more buggy then any other browser.
When fullpicture mentioned thousands of bugs, I think we all know he was referring to security-related bugs and issues. Internet Explorer itself is stable enough; it's just that it contains more holes than ten tons of swiss cheese.

maddmaxx

E.M.I.
Hey all you lovely and talented people, as I have said since Opera is now free you should try it if you haven't to see what it has to offer. It loads images faster than FF and has tabbed browsing. What have you got to lose?

Last edited: