Benchmarking High Scores

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
All right guys. This thread has kind of been brushed off as of late but I would like to revive it. From now on, I will be posting updated scores on this page to keep track of all of those high scores you all can submit.

Let's get it on!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Brushed off is right. Lets get a move on!...

... Greg!

Once I get my "final" benchmarking machine up, I will start submitting scores again. I haven't been doing much benchmarking lately except for stuff I need to review.

I let this thread fail :(

madmat

Soup Nazi
I get my 7950GT today, I'm soooo stoked!! Expect to see my scores here ASAP, I most likely won't work on it until Thursday though, gotta werk tonight.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Here's the first go with the 3800+ and the 7950GT at stock with a fresh un-restarted vid card driver install. I couldn't wait. ;)

Attachments

• 7950GT.JPG
    7950GT.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 618

madmat

Soup Nazi
Actually that was slightly OC'ed. I've found that it errors when I try to get the Vram above 735mhz (1.47 according to the nV drivers) and it won't complete the test for the OC.

Doesn't look good for the MCWR after I migrate over to water. It's on air ATM.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The 7950GT I had didn't like an overclocked mem clock either... I didn't go much beyond 775MHz. The core was great though, going up to 650MHz.

Maybe you will have better luck with your core. Regardless, you have good scores at stock. Right in line with what I was getting.

Babrbarossa

Obliviot
Thread has fizzled but oh well

3dmark 06 10331
This was done with my e6400 at 3.2 GHz- I now run it at 3.4 but unfortunately my copy of 3dmark has since become corrupted and with with very slow dial-up I can't re-download it to try it again.

using e6400, 8800gtx, evga680i, ocz gold 800mhz, ocz gamexstream 700w, arctic cooling freezer pro7

Attachments

• dec18-3dmark10331.JPG
    dec18-3dmark10331.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 647

Naish

E.M.I.
I need to work on mine a bit, I'll be posting an idiot-thread in a few minutes. Here's my score :).

(3.2ghz, ignore coretemp, it's because the volts are on auto I'm assuming, temps are fantastic though)

Attachments

• gfdshjgfhdjksg.JPG
    gfdshjgfhdjksg.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 479

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think I might unstick this thread and let it die... and then perhaps work towards making a new thread with similar ideas, but actually keep it up to date.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or better ideas?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Alright, it seems like there is a little support left for this, so I might recreate sometime soon and include 3D Mark 06 and also Sandra. Is there anything else that should be included?

I'll include scores from my beasts, even though it's a little unfair, but it will kick things off. I'll hopefully get on testing my own stuff in the coming days and then will merge some scores over.

Would anyone on staff or forum regular be interested in managing a thread like this?

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Alright, it seems like there is a little support left for this, so I might recreate sometime soon and include 3D Mark 06 and also Sandra. Is there anything else that should be included?

I'll include scores from my beasts, even though it's a little unfair, but it will kick things off. I'll hopefully get on testing my own stuff in the coming days and then will merge some scores over.

Would anyone on staff or forum regular be interested in managing a thread like this?
What would you have to do to manage?
I'm still green at overclocking....lol
I do searches on google and see threads from other forums, so maybe a thread like this would bring more members to techgage forums.

Merlin

Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
478 FSB....not bad
I'm trying to get mine up.....still new at this

Merlin

That's about the limit on my core..............:( I was unlucky enough to get one from the batch that has the nasty FSB wall.

This is exactly why I'm looking to get either a Yorkfield or Wolfdale when I get the cash saved.