Ban lifted, Galaxy 10.1 is going back up for sale in the U.S.

madmat

Soup Nazi
U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh issued an order this evening dissolving a three-month-old ban on Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the U.S.

The order (PDF) follows one from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit last week that enabled Koh to make a determination.

Source.

So, according to the source material:

Within tonight's decision, Judge Koh said that the court would hang on to the $2.6 million bond Apple put up to get the preliminary injunction to take effect. She also told both sides to submit a schedule for "any issues" about the dissolving of the preliminary injunction, something Apple is likely to fight.

Which leaves me wondering if it will be back on the market later rather than sooner.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
About time. It's a solid tablet.

I still find it odd that one other company can literally have another company's products pulled from the shelves while a case is still being settled.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I do too. It shouldn't be pulled until it's proven to infringe as the law in the US is SUPPOSED to be innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Heck, now Samsung is calling for a whole new trial as they believe that the jury foreman lied about possible legal ties to them via a third party (he was sued by Seagate who they hold a big stake in) as he may have had an ax to grind where they were concerned. Plus he attempted to interpret patent law (wrongly I may add) during the deliberations when the jury looked to side with Samsung.

Just a FUBAR case all the way around IMO.

nKwoel

Obliviot
But still the Android OS base tablet/gadget will raise up against Apple, which one is the best? I think the one can fulfill our need, make easier our life is the best