ASUS at CES 2011

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
At a press conference held well before the official CES launch, ASUS unveiled four new Eee models, all of which are touch-enabled and can be considered "tablets". These include the feature-rich and powerful "Eee Slate" 12.1-inch, the Eee Pad Transformer (a personal favorite), the super small Eee Pad MeMo and also the Eee Pad Slider.

You can read our full coverage on ASUS so far and then discuss it all here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Ok, I'm pretty limited in what I'm interested in when it comes to computers. If it doesn't fit in a case, attach to a case or if it isn't the case itself I tend not to get too excited but those are some really cool pieces of tech.

I'd like to see Asus send you one so you can do an in depth review.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how those stack up against the iPad, slate, and others! It's not just the devices, but what they have access to that makes or breaks 'em! Can't believe they squeezed a Core i5 into that Slate though... that's gotta be one expensive low voltage chip.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I hope to get a couple of samples for sure. The Transformer impressed me quite a bit... I could see me using it a LOT at events like this. Could take notes on the tablet and then create a notebook out of it later to write things. It's nifty.