AMD's First Llano Desktop Processors Hit E-tail

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
AMD last week released its first Llano-based desktop processors, the A8 and A6 series, and it appears that this week, the products will be making their way onto e-tailer shelves. At the time of writing, it seems that only Newegg currently has stock (we checked four others), and even there, only two of the four models are being offered; A8-3850 and A6-3650.

amd_a83850_desktop_070411.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I can't wait for the review!

I really wish I could say that would be coming soon, but I've discovered a couple of issues (personal errors) that's forcing me to re-benchmark everything. There's also something else I found out that will require me to do my gaming tests a little bit different as well.

*sigh* why is it that launch articles hate me so much? That, or I just don't pay enough attention sometimes :rolleyes:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I really wish I could say that would be coming soon, but I've discovered a couple of issues (personal errors) that's forcing me to re-benchmark everything. There's also something else I found out that will require me to do my gaming tests a little bit different as well.

*sigh* why is it that launch articles hate me so much? That, or I just don't pay enough attention sometimes :rolleyes:

Well at least you found somethings that caused you to go back and give us a better in depth look at with a competitor that I think is a win for us!

I seriously want to look at this or the Intel for a MCE extender, for many reasons 1 cost, 2 energy, 3 form factor with less hardware and 4 performance with less hardware. I hope to see this really turn around the HTPC market and hopefully make it more open instead of having all these closed set top boxes, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Edit: Are you going to do Temp comparisons as well?

Last edited: