AMD Tunes Back In with All-In-Wonder HD

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
ATI's All-In-Wonder cards might have been killed off in 2006, but they are being brought back to life now in the form of the All-In-Wonder HD. The new card is based on the Radeon HD 3650, offers all of the benefits of the TV Wonder series and is priced at $199.

You can read the full article here and discuss it here.

U

Unregistered

anyone know if this will do hybrid crossfire on 780g?? if so....SOLD!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Hybrid crossfire is probably slower than a single HD3650. No reason to care about it. I run it and honestly, the gain is sooooo small it is more trouble than it is worth.

U

Unregistered

Radeon HD 3850 and 780G IGP

Does anyone know if the above can form a good hybrid pair?

B

Burned by Diamond

Diamond AIW 3650 Drivers don't work!

I just built a new machine with WinXP MCE 2005, and with the ATI Catalyst drivers that come in the box, it's an instant BSOD if you try to watch TV (with either Media Center or the Catalyst Media application). I downloaded the Sept 12, 2008 drivers from the Diamond website, and installed those... Now it's slightly better. I can watch a channel for 30 seconds now, but if I try to change channels.... BSOD!! Actually, I don't even see the blue screen... It's straight to the BIOS reboot screen. I dunno if the drivers are more stable under Vista, but I'm not anxious to spend the money to find out. It's a real crapshoot with this product. I regret not buying a Hauppauge PVR now. Caveat Emptor with this one, guys.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I just built a new machine with WinXP MCE 2005, and with the ATI Catalyst drivers that come in the box, it's an instant BSOD if you try to watch TV (with either Media Center or the Catalyst Media application). I downloaded the Sept 12, 2008 drivers from the Diamond website, and installed those... Now it's slightly better. I can watch a channel for 30 seconds now, but if I try to change channels.... BSOD!! Actually, I don't even see the blue screen... It's straight to the BIOS reboot screen. I dunno if the drivers are more stable under Vista, but I'm not anxious to spend the money to find out. It's a real crapshoot with this product. I regret not buying a Hauppauge PVR now. Caveat Emptor with this one, guys.

Hmm, that's interesting. It sounds more like a hardware issue, though. I just can't see a BSOD happening each time because of a driver issue, although I wouldn't rule it out. Did you happen to contact ATI support?

I plan on getting one of these in soon, so I'll test that out if able (I don't have MCE though).