AMD Releases Three New Processors

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
To round out what I like to call the "Day of Embargoes", AMD has released three new processor models to help keep things interesting through to 2011. Of these, the company has replaced the Phenom X6 1090T as the flagship product with the X6 1100T. The differences in speed is minor (3.3GHz vs. 3.2GHz), but its pricing is more attractive, at $265.

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
While you just can't touch the Athlon's in price versus performance, the Phenom II X2's always make me wonder why, other than the unlocked multiplier. The i3's are faster, overclock better and can be had for only $10 more.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have to agree about the dual-cores, and I thought the same thing as I wrote this post. I understand that some people don't have a need for dual-cores, but when I think of putting a CPU in a rig, nothing smaller than a quad-core comes to mind, haha. I have a six-core Intel in this PC at the moment and use all 12 threads on a regular basis (encoding).

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
our vendor here has stopped buying from AMD, says people only want Intel, idiots! I would have loved an affordable six-core!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Your vendor is a tool. Who wouldn't want to stock a cheaper than Intel 6 core CPU? The guy is thinking with his profit margin.