AMD Phenom X6 1090T - $250!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Too bad they like to get ya up the pooper with shipping on most products. I find TD is almost never worth the discount unless it is an insane sale or you live close enough to a brick and mortar location.

Their customer service is very good though based on what experience I have with them.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Too bad they like to get ya up the pooper with shipping on most products. I find TD is almost never worth the discount unless it is an insane sale or you live close enough to a brick and mortar location.

I haven't ordered from TD forever... the shipping costs just kill it. At NCIX, I used to be able to get speed shipping on something for as much as $30... TD charges something like $80. Plus, its prices just don't tend to impress me all too often, so I don't even think to ever check there (plus I can't stand the site layout... it looks like a giant ad flyer).

A friend ordered a laptop from them on Friday, and in order for the order to be processed, he actually had to scan his ID card (sadly he did do this) and e-mail it to them, just to verify that it wasn't a stolen card (for some reason there was address misinformation, even though the credit card company had the correct address).

I tend to order from Newegg most often lately, though it has its faults also (believe it or not, they store user passwords in plain text... found this out two years ago on a phone call with them. Nice security there).

Last edited:

JMMDTG

Obliviot
I've never had any issues with TD and I've ordered at least 6 times from them. Always been a smooth experience for me.

They had the AMD Phenom II X6 for $150 but it looks to be sold out now.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Given TD likes to charge insane amounts for shipping, I haven't ordered anything from them in years. The last time I was price shopping a 980X processor TigerDirect quoted me $16 for standard delivery... most places ship it for free. And I know given I've mailed Core i7 processors in the past, that it would only cost me $9 to mail Priority, less if First class. :rolleyes: 10% Bing cashback is nice, but higher than average prices and shipping costs rather defeats the entire purpose.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Direct Canada baby. $9.99 1-2 air shipping on some items and free ground shipping on orders over $300. If you can wait 5-10 days you can save yourself about $40-50 on shipping, plus they are almost always the cheapest.

Now if only I could get my damned cables!!!