AMD Releases Catalyst 11.4 Driver

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
AMD earlier this week released the Catalyst 11.4 driver, introducing a couple of new features, and a bunch of performance updates. If the name "11.4" sounds familiar, it might be because we took a look at what was coming to the driver last month. Building on the overhaul AMD rolled out with Catalyst last year, 11.4 refines some aspects of the driver a bit further, such as with the branding scheme. Improvements have also been made to the configuration of multiple monitors.

amd_radeon_hd6990_030111_03_thumb.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I've just installed 11.6 and I am not happy with this I have to say.. I have my 3850 overclocked in my bios to 820/1020 for gaming.. The new control center that came with the 11 series makes my pc hang as soon the control center is started in the startup process. The 11 series driver has a new control center compared to the 10 series driver. I was using 10.10. Now I've installed 10.12 and that's just working fine for me. Maybe ATI did this on purpose for overclockers going beyond their factory spec overclocking settings.. That is just a guess..

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
You can download just the driver files separately from CC I believe. I never download it anyway since it's more bother than it's worth. Either that or you can just choose not to have CC start up on...uh....start up.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
What application do you use then to change AA, AF and monitor settings etc..That's what I use it for.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I just downloaded 11.6 and I actually get better frames now. BC2 maxed out in DX11 at 1440 x 900 used to get 45-80 fps with 10.11. It would drop to 45 and sometimes lower only during intense explosions or smoke. Now I stay at 75 even with those huge explosions and it dropped to about 53 at the lowest. Server was full too.