Movies Thread!!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I am looking forward to Skyfall! :D

Might watch Looper and Taken 2 on the big screen for the fun of it!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Skyfall is about the only movie I want to go see in theaters that I can forsee in the near future. I am really excited to see the new Q.

marfig

No ROM battery
The Hobbit, which is now a trilogy, has its first part coming out this December! :D

Most definitely will want to see this!

Seems Peter Jackson will want to repeat the recipe of the Lord of the Rings, with three movies for the next 3 Christmas seasons.

One note though, although much harder to do (I think), I'd love to see a final trilogy to Tolkien works: The Silmarillion

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Ok, huuuuuuuuuuuuge BUMP here! You guys no watch movies aye!!? :)
Anyways, here be my thoughts for this summer,

Pacific Rim is pure epic AWESOMENESS!!! Awesomely awesome awesome, with a bucket load of epic shoved on top, sprinkled with a generous helping of epic, legendary and extra awesome sauce .
biggrin.gif

Iron Man 3: 6/10, they completely fucked up The Mandarin, what an iconic character reduced to shit!! Soundtrack, just like Iron Man 2, sucked! Ramin Djawadi should have been brought back!

Star Trek Into Darkness: 9/10, awesome performance by Cumberbatch! Overall, very very good movie! Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaann!!
wink.gif

Man of Steel: 9/10, I must say, it was pretty damn awesome with some real intense action!!

Pacific Rim: 10/10! One of my fav. movie of all time now! Watched it 6 times on the big screen! Awesome soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi!
biggrin.gif

Fast 6: 8/10.. Good and fun to watch! Wtf was up with that runway, Lol!!

World War Z: Another Zombie apocalypse flick, a good watch though. 7/10

Oblivion: Meh! It was alright.. 6/10

The Lone Ranger: It was actually a fun ride! Especially the last 30 min with the classic Lone Ranger music! Very fun! 7/10!

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox: OMG awesome, brutal and dark!! Now this is how you make a DC comics movie Warner Bros.!!

Last edited:

madmat

Soup Nazi
Another bump.

Get The Gringo, Mel Gibson does a great job in resurrecting the no-nonsense tough guy personae he donned in Payback which, in my humble opinion anyway, was widely overlooked as a fun, fast paced action flick. Get The Gringo is gritty and has a rather low budget feel to it but still entertains and hold your interest from start to finish.

My take: 8/10

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Another bump.

Get The Gringo, Mel Gibson does a great job in resurrecting the no-nonsense tough guy personae he donned in Payback which, in my humble opinion anyway, was widely overlooked as a fun, fast paced action flick. Get The Gringo is gritty and has a rather low budget feel to it but still entertains and hold your interest from start to finish.

My take: 8/10

Hmm, haven't seen it! Gonna watch it soon! :D

madmat

Soup Nazi
Hmm, haven't seen it! Gonna watch it soon! :D

Just to clarify, it's not the same character just like Dirty Harry and Walt Coogan weren't the same but still yet were cut from the same cloth.

I guess what I mean to say is that Driver (the name you only see applied to Mel's character) is more along the lines of Porter than he is Martin Riggs or Max Rockatansky. I don't want anyone thinking I meant they were both the same character.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Just to clarify, it's not the same character just like Dirty Harry and Walt Coogan weren't the same but still yet were cut from the same cloth.

I guess what I mean to say is that Driver (the name you only see applied to Mel's character) is more along the lines of Porter than he is Martin Riggs or Max Rockatansky. I don't want anyone thinking I meant they were both the same character.

Cool mate! I have the movie, will watch it on the weekend! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Watched Gravity. Amazing movie! 9.5/10!
Something about Gravity's soundtrack and cinematography that makes me nostalgic for Mass Effect!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Ok, huuuuuuuuuuuuge BUMP here! You guys no watch movies aye!!? :)
Anyways, here be my thoughts for this summer,

Pacific Rim is pure epic AWESOMENESS!!! Awesomely awesome awesome, with a bucket load of epic shoved on top, sprinkled with a generous helping of epic, legendary and extra awesome sauce .
biggrin.gif

Iron Man 3: 6/10, they completely fucked up The Mandarin, what an iconic character reduced to shit!! Soundtrack, just like Iron Man 2, sucked! Ramin Djawadi should have been brought back!

Star Trek Into Darkness: 9/10, awesome performance by Cumberbatch! Overall, very very good movie! Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaann!!
wink.gif

Man of Steel: 9/10, I must say, it was pretty damn awesome with some real intense action!!

Pacific Rim: 10/10! One of my fav. movie of all time now! Watched it 6 times on the big screen! Awesome soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi!
biggrin.gif

Fast 6: 8/10.. Good and fun to watch! Wtf was up with that runway, Lol!!

World War Z: Another Zombie apocalypse flick, a good watch though. 7/10

Oblivion: Meh! It was alright.. 6/10

The Lone Ranger: It was actually a fun ride! Especially the last 30 min with the classic Lone Ranger music! Very fun! 7/10!

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox: OMG awesome, brutal and dark!! Now this is how you make a DC comics movie Warner Bros.!!

Oh no......

I have agreed with most everything you have posted, ever, but we part ways on this some of this one.

Oblivion... I thought it was a GREAT movie. Not a classic, but a great movie nonetheless. 8/10

World War Z... having read the book, this movie was nothing but a let down. They flirted with what the book had to say so many times, but then said to hell with it and did their own thing. I think the World War Z book would best be a multiple part mini-series....maybe something AME or HBO would pick up. 7/10

Pacific Rim... as soon as I saw Charlie Day, I knew it was an absurd movie. It was good, thoughtless, action, but ultimately left me disappointed. 6/10

That being out of the way, you and I are spot on when it comes to Man of Steel, Star Trek and Iron Man 3. My wife is a HUGE Iron Man fan and thought that the third installment was great... we have had many arguments over how shitty I thought it was :D