Me PC!!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Depending on what it's rated maximum output is, it may not matter but I would still recommend getting a 700w down the line preferably no more then 6 months after it arrives. What PSU do you have?
Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W. Its in my signature dude! :D

how bout if i underclock it?!?:confused:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Yeah I didn't see that my bad! Anyways no I wouldn't under clock a gpu sometimes that causes problems. Taking a look at the power on the back of the VC and your PSU it's doing a cheat to give you the 8pin connectors and that will put a greater load on your 12v rail for sure. I would rec getting a new PSU for it asap. I looked into the psu and you either have the gold or bronze and the output rating for the bronze wasn't ideal and the gold wasn't that much better beyond their specified output. New psu for sure. :(

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I like both. Though the Cool Master Silent Pro is nice because it is more silent, it's not just a catch phrase, it's cheaper and you only need 750w. The 800w is a sweet spot and it has the best reviews overall from what I've found. You aren't running a whole lot of HDD's or any additional cards in your system, so the 800w is best I think.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Well my friends! I went to the PC Hardware store and sold my Sabertooth p67(which was not the b3 revision one!) and my cooler master silent pro 600W PSU!

I got the Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z and Corsair AX850! God bless!! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I like both. Though the Cool Master Silent Pro is nice because it is more silent, it's not just a catch phrase, it's cheaper and you only need 750w. The 800w is a sweet spot and it has the best reviews overall from what I've found. You aren't running a whole lot of HDD's or any additional cards in your system, so the 800w is best I think.

sorry man but i was already spending soo much money i thought i'll get the best of the best and be done with it, lol! So i bought the Corsair PSU! :D

Thank u for your input man! :D

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Awesome system! The ASUS Maximus IV has the new Marvel controller in it supposedly, even. And the Corsair AX series is the best PSU brand to buy right now, gold efficiency and one of the best ratings JonnyGuru has given yet.

Have fun building it! :)

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Well here it is! Not as cool looking as the Sabertooth though! :cool:

Attachments

• 2011-09-27 15.54.4a8.jpg
    2011-09-27 15.54.4a8.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 944
  • 2011-09-27 15.54.317.jpg
    2011-09-27 15.54.317.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 1,008

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Awesome system! The ASUS Maximus IV has the new Marvel controller in it supposedly, even. And the Corsair AX series is the best PSU brand to buy right now, gold efficiency and one of the best ratings JonnyGuru has given yet.

Have fun building it! :)
Man it was fun but also really tiring! I commend u guys for doing this almost every week! :D
Forgot to install the IO Shield at the back and had to remove the motherboard again! Phew!
and yes it has the Marvel controller! :D

Did not boot at the first couple of times but then i removed the rams and just put in one! It booted and i gave a sigh of relief! Worked fine after that!

Is it ok if i install and use both MSI Afterburner and AMD Catalyst Control Center at the same time!??

I loaded up Shogun 2 with DX11 and maxed out everything! But the game really lagged! So i remembered that u dont really need AA at 1080p so i switched AA off(the rest remained maxed out) and its running smoothly now!
GPU temps are at idle: 43C - 45C and at load(while playing shogun 2) it maxed at 75C! According to the MSI Afterburner.
Cant wait to try out BF3!! :D

Last edited: