Intel Tests the Waters of Liquid Cooling

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
All-in-one liquid coolers are everywhere lately with the latest one announced yesterday at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF), still ongoing in San Francisco. Intel and water cooling? Yes, you read that correctly. The processor power house in conjunction with Asetek has unveiled its version, the RTS2011LC (installed on a X79 board no less).

intel_aio_liquid_cooler_091511.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I like the RAM placement on that board. Very cool. It's about time Intel delved into water cooling.

Off-topic...YOUR PROFILE PIC IS THE NEW DREAM THEATER CD!!!! :D

My girlfriend pre-ordered it for me for our 6-month anniversary, and I love it! DT's my all-time favorite band :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Hmm...high heat spreaders = no H70/H90/H2O 920...or just about any of the big freakin' air coolers.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I like the RAM placement on that board. Very cool. It's about time Intel delved into water cooling.

I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't even notice that.

My girlfriend pre-ordered it for me for our 6-month anniversary, and I love it! DT's my all-time favorite band :D

Great anniversary present :D

I am seeing them in a couple of weeks along with Trivium. Going to be an epic show!

Kayden

Tech Monkey

That's fantastic! Marry her.

I've been listening to DT since 2000. One of the best bands EVER!

Anyways, glad to see Intel is getting into WC officially but I want to see numbers before I recommend that to any one. Ryan has been reviewing some fantastic solutions and I feel better informed to recommend, until I can get a peek under the hood on those from Intel.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey

Haha...we've actually been talking about that a lot recently. I know we've only been together for 7 months now, but we were best friends for like 2 years beforehand, so we really believe it's gonna happen :)

And I'm going to see DT in Atlanta on October 19th! Can't wait! :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
And I'm going to see DT in Atlanta on October 19th! Can't wait! :D

I'm jealous...AGAIN! Before I shipped off for Basic Training, my friends got to go see them live performing the Scenes From A Memory album. I was waiting to know my final ship date was and when I finally got it they were sold out. )c:

You better have though, it's a requirement. (c;

marfig

No ROM battery
Wow! This be out of the blue! :D

Heck, it better be BLUE!

Hmm...high heat spreaders = no H70/H90/H2O 920...or just about any of the big freakin' air coolers.

Spot on. Novel design, I think. But wow, does it impact on your choices, or what!

ROFL. That brightened my whole day.

Very cool Intel is going this route. Another playa won't hurt us consumers one bit. Slightly off put with the decision to not ship Sandy Bridge-E with a stock cooler, though. I can understand these processor cater for the top-tier market of enthusiasts. But I hope this doesn't become a trend elsewhere. I'd hate seeing Intel pushing this new business area of theirs by removing stock coolers from their processors. Probably not gonna happen and I'm just being a fool.