Me PC!!

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Obviously you got a sweet system sitting there! And neat and tidy too! Well done and good taste picking the parts ;)

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Razer can be soo frustrating sometimes! The Megasoma i bought a month or so ago, its surface has gotten screwed! The area where i slide my mouse mostly has become as if roughed up, and worse, its like rough patches!!

Waste of money! :( Thank God i kept the old Goliathus Alpha! Still awesome, smoother and better than the Megasoma! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Hey guys! A cousin of mine is coming from USA in the next 2 weeks so i've been wondering whether what to order cause the price difference in dollars is HUGE! For e.g:

The Evga GTX570 here is Rs.39000($453) while in Newegg its for $330 to $340! And its the same for the rest of the GPUs too! Though i'm hoping to stick to my current GPU and wait for the next series of GPUs!

But what i'm really looking to are the SSDs! OCZ nor Corsair r available here! The OCZ Revo Drives and the Vertex 3 SSDs look mighty impressive!

Any suggestions!? SSDs!!?? Which SSD?? $350 budget i has! :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
TBH I would say get the 570 GTX. I know you all ready got a SSD and even though it would be nice to have for games and etc, it isn't going to make your games run better only load faster, where the 570 GTX will make your games run better. I know your considering BF3 and it would be best to have that new GFX card under the hood then another SSD for it. Just my two cents.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i'm also worried bout the stuff i order to come all the way from USA and what if its DOA or dies out after a week or a few months. Wont be easy sending it all the way back too!

TBH I would say get the 570 GTX. I know you all ready got a SSD and even though it would be nice to have for games and etc, it isn't going to make your games run better only load faster, where the 570 GTX will make your games run better. I know your considering BF3 and it would be best to have that new GFX card under the hood then another SSD for it. Just my two cents.

Hmm... The GTX570 is very tempting! Oh and the HD6970 is too!! Confusing, lol! :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
yeah for the price difference you get more core clock out of the box and it's supported by the man for warranty, can't go wrong with that.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
yeah for the price difference you get more core clock out of the box and it's supported by the man for warranty, can't go wrong with that.
the Evga GTX570 Classified right? :D

I am reading on evga forums it has high temps and starts showing artifacts if it goes above 80! d'oh!
And it also crashes due to the temps, the clocks are not stable!

Last edited:

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Personally, I would go with the 6970 but its up to you. I think MSI has done a better job on the 570 you linked than the reference one but the 6970 will have higher OC headroom since it has more phases (like 12 more or something).

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Personally, I would go with the 6970 but its up to you. I think MSI has done a better job on the 570 you linked than the reference one but the 6970 will have higher OC headroom since it has more phases (like 12 more or something).
thanx man! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Hmm... The MSI R6970 Lightning recommends a minimum 650W PSU while mine is 600W! :(

Damn, did not consider that! Do I have to upgrade my PSU too?!?

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Depending on what it's rated maximum output is, it may not matter but I would still recommend getting a 700w down the line preferably no more then 6 months after it arrives. What PSU do you have?