Zalman VF3000N GPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The summer might be about over, but the need to keep our graphics cards cool is one that never goes away. To help make sure that our GTX 200 cards are running at their best, Zalman has released the VF3000N cooler. It offers an abundance of fins and copper, a lot of room for airflow, and a surprisingly easy installation process.

You can read the rest of our review and then discuss it here!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Nice looks wicked, I wonder if the version for the 5870 supports a 5750? If not does anyone know a decently priced 5750 GPU cooler?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
DarkStarr said:
Nice looks wicked, I wonder if the version for the 5870 supports a 5750? If not does anyone know a decently priced 5750 GPU cooler?

It wouldn't because the HD 5770 or HD 5750 aren't the same size as the HD 5800 series. I am not sure off-hand what to recommend since I'm barely knowledgable in this area (this is the first GPU cooler I've dealt with in a long while, but that'll be changing).

Y

Yogi1Bear

Great

Well I have done a lot of reading on this cooler and I almost got it but that wasn't an easy chore 1st off most of the big internet stores don't even carry this cooler which made me wonder why especially new egg or frozen CPU they carry the one for the ATI card but not for the nvidea so I found out why which you might want to read this review
http://www.guru3d.com/article/zalman-vf3000n-review/4
so I stop and thought is it worth doing this and take the chance of turning my Card into a Brick I have used Zalman coolers on many of my systems for CPU and For Video cards 8800 Gt and 7800 GTX so I was wondering when you installed this cooler did you run into the problem that the person did on guru3d because I have heard a few people running into this problem on other forums of it turning there cards into bricks don't get me wrong I love Zalman Coolers

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
wow, looks like just bad pcb design, if yours doesn't have that resistor there (all designs may not) you should be fine.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Quite simply, this cooler shouldn't brick your card, and I have no idea what would even cause something like that to happen in a rare instance. I've been using the cooler 24/7 ever since this review was posted and haven't had any issues whatsoever.