Zalman Reserator XT Hybrid Liquid Cooling System

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey

That's a heck of a lot of cash you have tied up in your water cooling system, I don't think I have near that invested in mine, I'll have to add the cost of mine up one of these days..........:)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
FISH, I am digging your deviantART page. Your quite the artist. Oh, and that machine you have there with the Reserator isn't all that bad either. ;)

FISH

Obliviot
The Zalman itself is fairly expensive. Th 8800Blocks are more than raesonable though....I just had to buy a lot of them :/

It takes a bit to cool that much heat. Three GTX's all snug as a bug in the case would have been just WAY to hot....so if you are going to invest in the cards...might as well cool them :)

I'm glad you like the art DarkSynergy :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah man, that art is killer! I rarely use deviantART, but next time I'm on, I'll add you to my friends list.

As for the water-cooling, you are running a high-end rig, so it's really no surprise that the cooling is expensive also. The Zalman itself is expensive, as are the $200 worth of blocks...

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
The blocks themselves are cheap. They are half the cost of a Koolance or Danger Den full card block and apparently do just as good of job. When you get three of anything, it looks worse than it really is I think.

After working with the Reserator XT for a month, I can see why you would choose it to keep your temps in check. Its a nice one...

On the inside of the XT, there is a fair amount of room. I wonder how much could be modded and added on the interior of the unit to help in cooling but not alter the outward appearance.

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Take a few pics of the inside of the thing, maybe we can comeup with a idea or to for modding..............;)

I will upload a few pics tonight. I took the thing apart last night to take a look around and ended up kinking one of the tubes. Fortunately the XT lets you know when there isn't any flow thanks to the flow gauge on the side. I think we would do some interesting things on the inside... perhaps.