Zalman RESERATOR 1 V2 parts needed

Suunsu

Obliviot
I need to replace all the parts for my Zalman Reserator1 v2, except for the main Reseratitr1 central tower. I need, tubing, all fittings, flow indicator. Also, a recommendation for a very food cooling fluid - my i7 is running at 91c. Anything you do to help would be great. What do I need to do to order the parts? If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Just use distilled water and a few drops of any algaecide, that usually yields the best results. You'd probably have good luck finding the parts off ebay from used sets since those have been on the market for a few years.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Just use distilled water and a few drops of any algaecide, that usually yields the best results. You'd probably have good luck finding the parts off ebay from used sets since those have been on the market for a few years.

Um, no. The Reserator V2 has an aluminum body and the CPU block is copper plated with gold. Using just distilled water is a sure fire way to corrode the reserator. You'll have to use a 50/50 mix of water and a good quality ethylene glycol antifreeze. As to tubing, just get some 8mm I.D tubing, that's what it uses. Forget the flow indicator, the pump is weak enough as it is, don't give it more back pressure to overcome.

THUMPer

Coastermaker
Um, no. The Reserator V2 has an aluminum body and the CPU block is copper plated with gold. Using just distilled water is a sure fire way to corrode the reserator. You'll have to use a 50/50 mix of water and a good quality ethylene glycol antifreeze. As to tubing, just get some 8mm I.D tubing, that's what it uses. Forget the flow indicator, the pump is weak enough as it is, don't give it more back pressure to overcome.

:eek:
nice

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member

It the Zalman was careless enough to mix gold and aluminum then hell yes, don't use plain distilled water like I recommended. Aluminum and gold are on opposite ends of the galvanic reaction table and should corrode easily. The fewer the additives the better the water performance in the loop, therefore the best liquid tends to be distilled water. Ethylene glycol anti-freeze will only inhibit but not stop the corrosion process.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Yeah, I did a review of that same setup here a while back. The CPU block is a lexan top with the gold plated copper base while the GPU block is aluminum. I still haven't figured out why on earth they didn't just go with an aluminum CPU block.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
I need to replace all the parts for my Zalman Reserator1 v2, except for the main Reseratitr1 central tower. I need, tubing, all fittings, flow indicator. Also, a recommendation for a very food cooling fluid - my i7 is running at 91c. Anything you do to help would be great. What do I need to do to order the parts? If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

First step... what's up with your current cooling that it gets that hot?

Are the chips and sincks mating properly?
Are you using a good quality heat sink grease?
Are the fans clean and running?
Is anything defeating ariflow in your case?
Are your power supply voltages within tolerance?

It seems likely you have problems beyond the norm here... If you don't deal with thiem first the best water cooling setup on the planet isn't going to help you.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Yeah, I did a review of that same setup here a while back. The CPU block is a lexan top with the gold plated copper base while the GPU block is aluminum. I still haven't figured out why on earth they didn't just go with an aluminum CPU block.

It's Zalman, they prefer flash in their products. They probably preferred it to look good more than they were concerned about mixing the metals.