Zalman 9500 CPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you have been looking for a new CPU cooler that not only does it's job well, but looks great in the process, then the 9500 may be exactly what you need. Made of pure copper, the 9500 utilizes 3 heatpipes which effectively does the work of 6! Let's see how it compares to other heatsinks we have tested.

Discuss our 100th article here! :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Oh man, funniest review I have read in a while. Only thing is, my sister is not hot, nor would any of you think she was either. I love Zalman and I love you!

Go Techgage!!!!!!!11!!1!!!ONE!!!!!11!ONE!!1!

Boris

Obliviot
I wonder about the results you've got with the 9500 LED ... in other reviews and on my system (A64 3000+), the cooler reaches around 30 °C at idle and ~45-50 °C at full load.

Your temperature results are much lower ... how can this be?

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
As said in the review, my ambient temps are realtively low compared to other reviewers I would assume. I keep my home cool because I like it in the summer and I am a cheap bastard in the winter. Also, my case has extremely good ventilation so there is plenty of cooler air being brought into my case via the 2 120mm front fans. I know that they seem low but if it would help ease any doubts, I can provide screen shots to confirm that my PC actually does idle around 27*C.

Boris, welcome to the forums. I hope you find our comminuty helpful and informative.

S

Smitdog.com

I just bought one

It looks sweet and runs quiet. Keeps it cool.
Well worth the $70 bucks.

U

Unregistered

Zalman 9500

I installed a Zalman 9500 yesterday after my stock Intel cooler fan stopped dead. The Zalman keeps the cpu 10C cooler than the stock intel, and since it blows straight at the case fan it cooled the case by 4C!! How come you gave it only 8 out of 10? It cools great, it looks cool, it's quiet, and it was easy to install.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
You are right, it does cool far better than the stock solution. However, it is large and at the time of the review, expensive for an air solution. It's not perfect and it certainly isn't bad. An 8 is a very fair rating for this cooler. A 9 would have been appropriate and a 10 would have been a bit to high. An 8 works for this cooler.

On the brighter side, I am glad that you have gotten such an improvement in cooling performance. Thats an incredable drop.