Your Top 2007 Music?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's still hard to believe that 2007 is gone... the years seem to go faster as time goes on. One thing is for sure though... the previous year was very good to music. Personally, it was one of the few years in recent memory where almost all of my favorite bands released a new record... it's incredible.

That said, since we have a lot of music fans here, I thought we could all share our personal album top tens. To be included, the album should have been released at some point during 2007.

I had such a rough time with fitting only ten into my list, that I included four runner-ups as well. Given how much I've listened to most of these albums, I didn't feel right leaving any out.

Top Ten
  1. Tiger Army - Music From Regions Beyond (Last.fm Profile)
  2. Bad Religion - New Maps of Hell (Last.fm Profile)
  3. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero (Last.fm Profile)
  4. The White Stripes - Icky Thump (Last.fm Profile)
  5. Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris (Last.fm Profile)
  6. Interpol - Our Love to Admire (Last.fm Profile)
  7. Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead (Last.fm Profile)
  8. Turbonegro - Retox (Last.fm Profile)
  9. Tiësto - Elements of Life (Last.fm Profile)
  10. Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta! (Last.fm Profile)
Runner-Ups
  1. Chevelle - Vena Sera (Last.fm Profile)
  2. Puddle of Mudd - Famous (Last.fm Profile)
  3. Ferry Corsten - Passport: United States Of America (Last.fm Profile)
  4. Scooter - Jumping All Over The World (Last.fm Profile)
While Bad Religion (Punk Rock) may be my all-time favorite band, Tiger Army's (Psychobilly Punk) latest release absolutely blew me away. With over 100 listens to date, I have yet to become remotely bored of any songs found here. How often does that happen?

System of a Down's Serj Tankian came and impressed with his solo album launch... and I know there are others on the forums here who enjoy Elect the Dead as well. Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails have released so many albums over the years, but neither of their latest releases cease to impress. 2007 was a year where music was on fire.

As for Puddle of Mudd... this band is brushed off far too often. Their rock might be "lighter", but Famous is a fantastic album. Hard lyrics, but still an album that's easy to rock out to.

Time for your top tens peeps ;) Don't worry about formatting yours like I did mine.. I am just fussy.

I don't think this was one of the "best" years in music, but there were some great albums. I don't own all of these albums (but I have listened to them), so I would have to say my top ten would be:

1. Radiohead - In Rainbows
  2. Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City
  3. Little Brother - Getback
  4. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
  5. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
  6. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
  7. Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
  8. The White Stripes - Icky Thump
  9. Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead
  10. Talib Kweli - Eardrum

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
YOU THIEF!!!!!!!11111 YOU WILL ALL PAY!!!
:p
Yeah, I was impressed by Serj...liked it better than SOAD. White Stripes' album was good. Pretender is probably my fav. Foo Fighters song (of the 3 I like :D) Otherwise, either I don't like the artists or never heard of them :D

moon111

Coastermaker
If asked, I might of guessed Radiohead was a music group. The rest I've never heard of before.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Good choices Matt, though I've still never listened to In Rainbows yet. As for stealing music, I purchased over 100 albums during 2007, including the ones mentioned in the top fourteen. The RIAA can kiss my ass.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
YOU THIEF!!!!!!!11111 YOU WILL ALL PAY!!!
:p
Yeah, I was impressed by Serj...liked it better than SOAD. White Stripes' album was good. Pretender is probably my fav. Foo Fighters song (of the 3 I like :D) Otherwise, either I don't like the artists or never heard of them :D

Ive heard good things about that album serj put out.

The only album i liked in 2007 was BooH III

and it wasnt that great. Just good.

-I enjoy my meatloaf-

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Bat out of Hell

Edit:

Upon looking into my music, Bat out of hell III was released at the end of the year 06... so I guess I didnt like anything in 07.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
  1. Radiohead - In Rainbows

I was at the music store the other day, so I finally decided to pick that album up, despite not being a real fan of the band at all. I figured there must be some substance to all the hype. Normally, I am into faster-paced bands, not mellow, like Radiohead. However, after listening to In Rainbows twice, I can begin to understand why people are such big fans of the band. It is mellow, but perfectly compliments review writing ;)

Great album so far... need a few more listens though. "All I Need" is my favorite track thus far.